• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I Delete xmp sidecar files for jpeg image slideshows from flash drive to show on LG Smart TV? HELP!!

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I make up slideshows of jpeg images processed in CS 5.  When these images are moved onto a SanDisc flash drive for viewing on my LG Smart TV,  duplicate xmp sidecar files are generated by the TV are present and cannot be deleted on the TV.  I have to select the other set of "good" jpegs each time I want to run the slideshow.  This is very time consuming to say the least.

My question is: If I change my camera raw preferences to save images in camera raw database, not in sidecar xmp files, will this remove the sidecar files so they aren't generated by the TV?  I also am not clear what it will mean to lose the metadata from my images if  I change the raw preferences. Finally, where would I find the camera raw database on my iMac, I don't see library under user.

I hope to at least start to solve this very frustrating problem. Thanks in advance.  Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Frankly, if I were to create a slide show, as you mentioned, I would bake in the ACR settings into the files. You can do this by saving the files as jpgs to another folder in ACR in a batch. The Camera Raw database is stored: Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences (Mac OS). This database is indexed by file content, so the image retains camera raw settings even if the camera raw image file is moved or renamed. Frankly, I don't know if that can be move to a flash drive to allow your files to be cor

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Frankly, if I were to create a slide show, as you mentioned, I would bake in the ACR settings into the files. You can do this by saving the files as jpgs to another folder in ACR in a batch. The Camera Raw database is stored: Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences (Mac OS). This database is indexed by file content, so the image retains camera raw settings even if the camera raw image file is moved or renamed. Frankly, I don't know if that can be move to a flash drive to allow your files to be corrected. Losing metadata from your image can range from info you type in such as description, keynote, copyright, etc. It also means your color settings that you set in ACR, so I'm assuming you will lose those settings and your files will revert to their original state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines