• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I save DNG without discarded details?

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I drag  DNG file into PS,   before the file is opened in the native PS window,  i get the popup window of Camera Raw, where I can crop/modify picture, and RE-SAVE it as DNG :

kEDEj8q.png

However, when I re-open the saved file again, and click crop, then it reinstates in the INITIAL, THE ORIGINAL PICTURE...

How can I avoid that? When I modify/crop the DNG and save it again as DNG, I want that last DNG was the final file (so,  I want that cropped area was lost forever)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Every time you open a DNG and modify the settings, the old settings are lost, unless you save a preset of them, that you can then reapply. You can save the file with a different name and save different versions. In Lightroom, you can save virtual copies of the same image, so you can have many version, without taking up a lot of disk space.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Every time you open a DNG and modify the settings, the old settings are lost, unless you save a preset of them, that you can then reapply. You can save the file with a different name and save different versions. In Lightroom, you can save virtual copies of the same image, so you can have many version, without taking up a lot of disk space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines