• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How does the Opcode operates on the DNG image.

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, I was doing some work related to the DNG images and has been noticed the Opcode Lists (1,2,3) have been applied to the original RAW DATA.

I've searched some related documents about the Opcode but not so sure about how these codes worked on the RAW data.

Can anyone show me some examples to see how the Opcode works?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Hi Xud,

The DNG file can contain lists of "function calls" to be executed at various stages in the raw conversion process. For example, the WarpRectilinear Opcode "applies a warp to an image and can be used to correct geometric distortion and lateral (transverse) chromatic aberration for rectilinear lenses". This is an example of an algorithm that cannot be applied to the raw image data itself before it is placed into the DNG file, because it should be executed after demosaicing.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Xud,

The DNG file can contain lists of "function calls" to be executed at various stages in the raw conversion process. For example, the WarpRectilinear Opcode "applies a warp to an image and can be used to correct geometric distortion and lateral (transverse) chromatic aberration for rectilinear lenses". This is an example of an algorithm that cannot be applied to the raw image data itself before it is placed into the DNG file, because it should be executed after demosaicing.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chawla.S

I got you point. So, how about the other TAGs of DNG photo, are they also  cannot applied to an RAW image directly? Or it's just for Opcode operators?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chawla.S

Could you pls help me with some dumb question?

I want to add ProfileHueSatMapDims , ProfileHueSatMapData1 & ProfileHueSatMapData2 into my raw image.

Do you have any idea how to do this ?

Any useful tips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2023 Dec 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have a look at DngOpcodesEditor on GitHub

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines