• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How To add RAW plug in?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using Photoshop Elements 7  and have Camera RAW Plug-In version 4.5.0.175. I need to update my plug-in

version to read and edit RAW images taken with my Nikon D7200. I'm having a really difficult time even finding a place to

start. I just downloaded Adobe DNG Converter 9.9 (which does support my camera model) but it seems to have had

no effect - I still can't open my RAW files. Does anyone know where I can find the right plug-in?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

The latest version of Camera Raw  that you can use with that version of Photoshop Elements is version 5.6. You will not ever be able to open the raw files from your camera in that version of Photoshop Elements/Camera Raw. You don't just download the DNG converter. It has to be installed. Then you run it as a separate program. Once you start the DNG converter you can choose a FOLDER that contains your raw images. Then you can specify the destination folder for the DNG files. Then you click on the

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version of Camera Raw  that you can use with that version of Photoshop Elements is version 5.6. You will not ever be able to open the raw files from your camera in that version of Photoshop Elements/Camera Raw. You don't just download the DNG converter. It has to be installed. Then you run it as a separate program. Once you start the DNG converter you can choose a FOLDER that contains your raw images. Then you can specify the destination folder for the DNG files. Then you click on the convert button. The DNG converter will create new copies of your raw files in the DNG format. Those DNG files can then be opened with what you have now. Here is a link to a brief tutorial demonstrating how to use the DNG converter:

Camera Raw: How to use Adobe DNG Converter - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Jim said.

If you find converting to DNG every time you want to edit a Raw photo too cumbersome, your other option is to upgrade to Elements 15.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I agree. Some people look at the DNG conversion as an extra step making it cumbersome. But when I have used the DNG converter I have used it as my download software. So the conversion takes place during the download to the computer. One step, conversion done, ready  to go to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines