Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to open ARW Sony raw file in Adobe bridge/photoshop CS6

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to open ARW Sony raw file in Adobe bridge/photoshop CS6

I can do it on my desktop in NY with a converter that someone else installed but not here in Paris on my MacBook air and I need to!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Sony camera model are the Raw files from?

I suspect it's a newer camera which requires either

1. Adobe Cloud software, or
  2. The free Adobe DNG converter - what you are probably using in NY.
    With the DNG converter, you convert batches of Raw files to DNG format then open the DNG files in CS6.
    Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem. I just bought a Sony a 6300 and am trying to open ARW files in CS6. Did not work. The latest Camera Raw 9.5 does not work with CS6. So I downloaded Adobe DNG converter ver. 10.2 (latest issued in Janyary 2018) Even that did not help. What else can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last version of Camera Raw that will work with Photoshop CS6 is version 9.1. You will have to use the DNG converter. The DNG converter DOES work, but you have to understand that it works at the FOLDER level. You have to choose the folder but don't open the folder. If you open the folder when you are choosing the location of your raw files you will get the message that there aren't any images to convert.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many have said the same thing. I am selecting the folder, not double clicking. Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 12.36.10 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is the folder write protected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines