How to Restore new Camera Raw 12.3 to old GOOD user interface design?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new one looks awful!! It looks like some Lightroom (which is bad).

Adobe Community Professional

Topics

Bug, Feature request, How to, Performance, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 21, 2020 12
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Camera Raw 12.3 is terrible. Tried to live it it and had to admit: damned poor design, very counter-intuitive. Gotta get back to the earlier version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 27, 2020 3
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The younger generation of engineers are out of touch with the common user, focused more on technology than functionability. We're the lab rats.   

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely Horrendous (Schrecklich) really is about time i thought of an alternative now....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new layout is terible, where are the tabs? This updates completly messes up workflow, the older versions with the tabs are so much faster than this and gives a much better overview. The scollbar with sliders is not intuitive at all, it make you stare after a while because you are constantly searching for the right line in the list. The list is to long, it is to much. Did no developer notice this? Re-instaling and older version solves it, but we miss out on new options. Also I wonder how long this scrollbar gets in the future when new option are added. why can't you just leave thing as they are once it works, this is a huge step back. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sort of agree with you in regards to how the panels are smooshed together now rather than modular like they were before. There are preferences that help clean it up like the edit panel behavior in settings. (I prefer "Single".)

I guess they're trying to achieve parity with Lightroom's UI a bit. (Though, to be honest, I'm not sure why; I simply moved from Lightroom to Camera Raw because I didn't need Lightroom's cataloging features. I was perfectly fine with ACR's UI.)

I'm going to move this to the appropriate forum.  🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2020 0
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user support forum. What would you like us to do? 

Do you need assistance in rolling back to the last version? 

If you want to tell Adobe your opinions of the new version, you're in the wrong location. What you should do is go to this site and follow the instructions:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, I'll post it again, thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2020 0
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new UI is what it is. Something that might help if you choose not to revert to a previous version is right click on one of the section headers such as Basic or Tone Curve, etc. and choose the option, Single panel mode. If you choose that option then when one of the sections is open the others will collapse.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter how you put it, this is a step back in terms of workflow. I tried using it for a week now, I think it slows me down by 20-30%. After one hour work I start to stare because of the opening and colapsing lines which ofset your eyes the whole time, it is outloud terrible.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not the only one who has a problem with the UI. 

I advise reverting to the LegacyACR - https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_x

(you also need to roll back Bridge to 10.04)

If you read back in this and other forums there are several reports on it agreeing that, especially for fast-working, high volume photographers (events,sport etc) that ACR 12.3 works slower, and without any apparent logic.    For balance apparently some people prefer it, because it looks/works more like Lr which apparently is the best thing since someone decided to crush some seads.  Oh and some people don't like beets.  

(Insert www.brainyquote.com quote here.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 05, 2020 0
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For balance apparently some people prefer it.

Indeed

If you don't, you have three and only three options (because no matter how much you and other's complain, Adobe has gone on record stating they are not going to revert to the old GUI):

1. Revert to the older version. The URL to do so is above.

2. Adapt and learn the new ways of ACR. 

3. Switch to another product. 

(Insert more rants here). The rants will do nothing, certainly in a User to User forum designed to aid users in working with Adobe products. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will you leave the RAW 12.3 camera in Lightroom style or return the interface? What will be next? What interface?
What is the strategy for the future? The new interface is not good and I don't want to pay for what is not good.
It is also a question for subscriptions for the future. Whether to continue paying Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 02, 2020 1
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're only volunteers here, so we don't know what Adobe is planning,  and they never reveal the strategy for app development. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 02, 2020 1
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user support forum so you're not being too effective addessing your 'concens'. 
You should go here:
https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

What Adobe has publiclly said is this: They are NOT rolling back the UI. 

You can adapt, roll back or move to another product. 

If you want to roll back, installers can be found here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_x

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe support led me to this site.
Adobe support is ineffective.

Adobe support brought me here, to this site.
Adobe support is ineffective.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2020 0