• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Revert UI to older Camera Raw UI (12.2.1) after Interface Changes

LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after updating photoshop , when i opened it for the first time there was option to use camera raw as it is (vertical film) or to change it to new UI (with new look and horizontal filmstrip ), i just clicked new UI to see how it looks , i thought if i dont like it i will just go back to using older UI but there is no option to select older UI , i contacted adobe but person who was helping me just suggested that i should install older version of camera raw or ask for help from this forum , i found it bit frustrating that if there was simple option to choose new UI so why not give option to revert back to older UI with newly updated software. maybe its bug or adobe forcing people to use new UI even if they dont like it

Idea Declined Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Thank you for continuing to provide valuable feedback on the recent UI changes in Adobe Camera Raw 12.3. For some customers these changes have disrupted existing workflows, particularly for in-process projects. To mitigate these issues we have offered a roll back to version 12.2.1 so that you can continue your current projects under the old UI.

Adobe updated the Camera Raw user interface for several reasons. The new design supports commonly-requested features, such as a horizontal filmstrip, a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020
If you want to refer to 12.2.1, you can do so here: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_x

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 788 Replies 788
788 Comments
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will you leave the RAW 12.3 camera in Lightroom style or return the interface? What will be next? What interface?
What is the strategy for the future? The new interface is not good and I don't want to pay for what is not good.
It is also a question for subscriptions for the future. Whether to continue paying Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're only volunteers here, so we don't know what Adobe is planning,  and they never reveal the strategy for app development. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user support forum so you're not being too effective addessing your 'concens'. 
You should go here:
https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

What Adobe has publiclly said is this: They are NOT rolling back the UI. 

You can adapt, roll back or move to another product. 

If you want to roll back, installers can be found here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_x

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, this is a user to user support forum so you're not being too effective addessing your 'concens'. 
You should go here and make your comments directly to Adobe:
https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

You can of course roll back to an older version that behaves as you wish, adapt* to the new verison or move to another product. 

* There's a number of ways to save the crop depending on what you want. You can do a "Copy Settings" and then "Paste Settings: if you have a number of images selected. This can be done from the filmstrip clicking on the three little dots.

You can also do a "Save Settings" as a Preset and call it up at any time using a similar GUI. If you only wanted the Crop, you'd probably select first "None" then just click on the "Crop" check box, give the preset a name then recall it whenever you wanted it. You can even save this out as XMP to load but a preset is probably better (XMP would be useful for saving across multiple computers).

With the Preset, you could have just this crop but you could have a crop and any of the other settings built there too as seen below where I have crop and geometry in one preset.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. I already know and tried all of it. Sorry to take up your valuble time and space. I am switching to Capture One for my volume work. It is more geared towards speed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sad that the "correct answer" to your (and my) problems with 12.3 is your own reply that you are moving to C1.  As to posts disappearing, there has been a lot of "tidying" of the voices of discord,  with threads locked, merged and closed down and comments deleted as the volume of complaints has increased. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what I suspected as well. I very much understand that you can't please everybody, but I am not sure what can be gained by making these products more and more similar. They had LR to be a slick time saver and over bloated it with features and it got cumbersome. I actually like LR, it was just the crop tool that I hated. I started using ACDSee, which I used for DAM because all of the importing stuff that these software do, drives me crazy. ACDSee had a great cropping tool that was very fast. Problem was it was cumbersome using 2 pieces of software to run hundreds of images at a time. Then I found ACR and Bridge. Bridge is not a great DAM, not as good as ACDSee, but worked and ACR cropped just like it and I could do all of my editing in 1 piece of software. Now they want to make it more like LR, why? If people wanted to use LR they would. It just seems like they get closer and closer to haing less solutions. I also think that they have no regard for people using their product as part of their work. Sitting down to edit a large job, opening up the software to find it is completely different and now they have to waste an entire morning figuring it out. Now production has to come to a stop until it is fixed. It is quite frustrating. Then you come here to get suggestions and maybe to vent and they lock you post and take it down. 

Oh Well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter how you put it, this is a step back in terms of workflow. I tried using it for a week now, I think it slows me down by 20-30%. After one hour work I start to stare because of the opening and colapsing lines which ofset your eyes the whole time, it is outloud terrible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, I'll post it again, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe support led me to this site.
Adobe support is ineffective.

Adobe support brought me here, to this site.
Adobe support is ineffective.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please, an option to revert back to the usable version would be welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Option to revert:
Installers can be found here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_x

You'll need to downgrade to the last version of Bridge using the CC app, click on the three dots and select "Other Versions".

That's about all we can do for you here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not the only one who has a problem with the UI. 

I advise reverting to the LegacyACR - https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_x

(you also need to roll back Bridge to 10.04)

If you read back in this and other forums there are several reports on it agreeing that, especially for fast-working, high volume photographers (events,sport etc) that ACR 12.3 works slower, and without any apparent logic.    For balance apparently some people prefer it, because it looks/works more like Lr which apparently is the best thing since someone decided to crush some seads.  Oh and some people don't like beets.  

(Insert www.brainyquote.com quote here.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For balance apparently some people prefer it.

Indeed

If you don't, you have three and only three options (because no matter how much you and other's complain, Adobe has gone on record stating they are not going to revert to the old GUI):

1. Revert to the older version. The URL to do so is above.

2. Adapt and learn the new ways of ACR. 

3. Switch to another product. 

(Insert more rants here). The rants will do nothing, certainly in a User to User forum designed to aid users in working with Adobe products. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree. extremely disappointed with the update. hate the crop factor

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be an update relatively soon. Hopefully there will be something to address the crop situation. The interface isn't going to go back to the old style, so if you are going to stay with Camera Raw then it's time to knuckle down and get accustomed to where the tools are. But hopefully some of the problem areas will be addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also hate the new Camera Raw. In addtion to the comments I've seen, there are two other feature missing. One is the ability to press the ESC key to exit the file and leave unchanged. You now have to go down and hit the cancel button. Small but very annoying when I'm looking at a number of photos to decide which to work on. The other is a big one. maybe I'm missing something, but you used to be able to save your ACR edits, as JPG for example with pixel size needed. Used that one all the time for pictures I post online or send via email. I don't always need to go into PS to make changes after ACR editing and now you have to do that regardless if you want to save those edits, or save as a particular size. Please bring back the old version as an option!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addtion to the comments I've seen, there are two other feature missing. One is the ability to press the ESC key to exit the file and leave unchanged.

Shift and Escape key does this:

Dismiss.jpg

Tool tips can be your friend. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Didn't think to hover there, and never would have thought to Shift Escape. Now to fix that other problem. I am downloading older version anyYwayY. (keyyYboard won't tyYype lower case X OR Y right now but that's a whole new problem.) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with richardc29251023 's feelings entirely. I'm an old dog and I don't like to learn new tricks, particularly when they aren't as clever as the tricks I'd already learned. I particularly don't like the placement of buttons to do various jobs (like save a revised raw file in jpg or other format. But, most of all, I don't like the way the zoom is implemented. I want to step up or down level by level to get to the zoom view I need to use. Not jump to a high level AND THEN NOT BE ABLE TO STEP DOWN!!!! I'm going back a version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I rolled back too.  I have 12.3 on a spare laptop for pointing out problems to them when they don't appear to see them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, when you said that there should be fixes coming, you have heard there are not, so therefore all the design issues with this TERRIBLE release will stay.  Then one day when some have forgotten this debarcle they introduce the "revolutionary" tabbed interface for ACR in 5 years time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those who actually know what's coming can't say, we are under NDA.

Those that don't actually know can say many things, I'd suggest you take them with a little grain of salt. 

This is again, a User to User forum. What assistance do you need? How to roll back or how to adapt to the current version? That's your only option other than finding another product (by all means). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only reason I suggested that there "should" be a fix to the crop tool is because I find it to be a little sticky and difficult to use. To be perfectly clear, I'm only guessing. I have NO idea what will be in the next update. The crop tool is the only tool I am having problems with, but that's probably because I'm using a fairly old computer. So perhaps that tool doesn't need to be fixed, maybe I just need a new computer to keep up with the technology. Something I have been considering for quite some time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can live with the crop tool but not being able to save as JPG or other file tyYpe and enter piXel sizZe is something I cannot live with. I went back to the older version on myY laptop just to test and working on doing the same on myY imac. PS. whyY can't I tyYpe a lower case XYZ on this page??

Votes

Translate

Translate