Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to set camera raw default setting

Participant ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm using Photoshop  2020, (21.0.3) and ACR 12.2.  I'm pulling my hair out trying to do this, despite online tutorials, video etc.

I want to be able to open a bunch of raw files in acr and have all sliders in all tabs set at zero. I've tried creating a preset, but once I've set it for one photo the next has the sliders at different places. It seems I can't get a default setting. Can someone "walk me through" the procedure or provide a link. Thanks so much in advance.

Cheers,

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The whole procedure has changed with 12.2. Your old defaults no longer work.

Defaults are now set using presets, but you need to go into ACR Preferences to determine which preset to use (or just Adobe standard).

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/whats-new/2020-2.html#raw-defaults 

If you need ISO specific defaults, it's more tricky now, but still possible:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/important-update-lightroom-classic-to-9-2-read-the-... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info. However, I don't use Lightroom (your link is Lightroom). I want the procedure for ACR (I know they're similar but the dialogue boxes are different in ACR). In any case I was able to open a series of raw images in ACR...select one image and adjust the sliders how I want...select all images and then click "sync". This works fine...but if I open another set of images the sliders are back to the default positions (not how I want them).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's for Lightroom, but the settings are identical. You need to go into ACR Preferences to do this. Pay attention to the "Master" rolldown - this is where you set your preferred default:

ACRdefaults.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally found this by going into Bridge.

File - Edit - Camera Raw Settings - RAW Defaults.

Why do they keep changing access to these basic functions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Camera Raw forum from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info. I have successfully created a preset. In the preset panel in ACR I select my preset, right click on "select master raw default"..which then shows up in the "master" box shown in your screen capture above. Now when I open a series of raw files in acr each file has the settings I've chosen...good so far.

However, if I then go back to the camera raw preferences (your screen capture above) and click on "choose preset" (to apply different settings) some of them work...that is they show up in the "master" box and with others in the list nothing happens. Many of them have a submenu arrow, but clicking on them does not open any. Also I've saved my preset to a group called "raw defaults", but if I select this group from the "choose preset" choice above then nothing happens again. I also tried saving my preset to "user presets", but again, if I scroll down in the preset list to "user presets" after clicking "choose preset" (in your screen capture box above) and click on my preset, nothing happens...it doesn't get inserted into the master box above. I hope this all makes sense. In any case my preset works and that's what matters. Would still like to know why this is happening though. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info. I've now created a preset and all is well...that is any raw file I open has the applied settings I want. My preset is now shown in the "master" box shown in your screen capture above (but only after right clicking the preset from the list in the acr presets tab and choosing: "set master raw default setting".

However, if I select "choose preset" from the "master" box shown above, not all the pfresets shown can be selected...ie some will go to the "master" box above, others do nothing. My preset is saved in a group called "user presets", but scrolling down to that group and clicking on user presets does not open a submenu...nothing hasppens. If I save it to a group called "raw defaults", then the same thing happens. This also occurs if I click on many of the other presets listed there, even if there's a submenu. Other presets work...that is they show up in the "master" box above after clicking on them. In any case, my preset works and that's fine...just want to know why others can not be selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines