• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to tell: Which version of camera raw do I have?

Participant ,
Apr 11, 2013 Apr 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to tell which version of camera raw I have? The only Google search I found answering this question refers to is 2 years old and seems to no longer apply. There is no File, Edit etc. menu on the new version of Camera Raw with (Photoshop/Bridge CS6). I do use Adobe Application Manager to do my updates telling me if a new version exists or not, nevertheless I would like to know.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is important is invisible to the eye." ---------The Little Prince

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quickest way is to press F (toggle Full-screen) and you can see the version in the title bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help Yammer but no, that doesn't work. That is what I saw, as mentined, on a Google search and feel this is probably for older versions. In my CS6 of Photoshop/Bridge ver. 7.4 of Camera Raw the F key does give me full screen but absolutely nothing happens to the GUI--all looks 100% exactly the same.

ssprenget. thanks to you as well, and yes, that did work. I was not aware that camera raw was a plug-in. I thought it was software like Bridge (then again, a lot of plug-ins are like software, aren't they?)

Thanks again to both of you

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is important is invisible to the eye." ---------The Little Prince

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The F key works as described for me in CS6-ACR7.4 with ACR as the window with focus. The same function is available using the double-arrow-window icon at the right of the Preview checkbox near the top right of the preview area.

When in full-screen mode there is no title bar, but when I press the F key or click the double-arrow, again, ACR becomes smaller and I can see the title bar that includes the ACR version and camera model. This is on Windows7-64-bit on a 1600x1050 monitor. Perhaps you’re ACR’s title bar is off the top of the screen so you can’t see it, or maybe ACR optimizes some things if you have a smallish display—do you?

A plug-in is a program that interfaces with another program but is not independently runnable application, itself, bit is independently updatable, so in this instance, Photoshop doesn’t need to be downloaded and installed every time Adobe adds support for a few more cameras.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holly molly! the version is there? I had thought that the info would show up on full screen mode seeing that there is more screen real estate instead the opposite is true. Also, on the 2 videos I did see where this info was given the version was spot center on the top. In my case it's on the extreme left hence my not having noticed it. My screen is 1920 X 1080 BTW.

Also you get camera model? really? I only see ACR version and at the bottom I get an image profile of a sort, "Adobe RGB (1998): 8 bit......" etc.

Ah wait. I decided to go a little further. I noticed that my camera model will indeed show (at the bottom) but only for NEF and DNG files. If the image is psd, tiff or jpg. then it won't (Hmm! I wonder why that is?)

OK buddy, thanks for taking it one step further and not giving up on me. I truly appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 12, 2013 Apr 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's why I said "title bar".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop / Help / About Plug-ins… / Camera Raw will show you how many there are and what version each is. There should only be one, but sometimes a manual install will put one where it shouldn’t be and you might get two that are detected, and it invariably uses the older one even if the newer one is installed, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines