• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use CameraRaw 11.4 plugin in Lightroom Classic CC

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed: Lightroom Classic CC 11, DNG converter 11.4 (for .CR3 files) and CameraRaw 11.4 plugin for Windows.

Imported .DNG files in a collection in LR.

How can I connect / register / use CameraRaw plugin to edit the .dng files?

I did not find any updated info on the net. I', an absolute noive, so please explain in detail.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Raw and Lightroom do pretty much the same thing in the way of editing images. To use Camera raw, you need to install Bridge, or open the raw files directly in Photoshop. If you do edit in camera raw, you will need to update the metadata in Lightroom. If you edit in LR you need to make sure you save the edits to the metadata, so the show up in Camera Raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, is CameraRaw a plugin exclusively for Photoshop and Bridge, not for LR? Can I use CameraRaw without PS as a standlone application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Camera Raw is an integral part of LR, and there is no need to edit in CR when the image is already in LR.

The CR plugin can't be used on its own, it requires Photoshop or Bridge. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines