Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can not work with photos gotten from Canon 6D Mark II

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear  Sir  to be concerned

I use the Adobe programs(Lightroom 6, CS6 premium, etc) pleasantly.  But now I have problems.

I can not work with photos gotten from Canon 6D Mark II.

Because the CameraRaw_9_12 program is not supported for the CS6.

At present The only  one way that  I can do  is the way  to use  the DNG Converter program.

But The DNG diminishes the quality of photos.  So I want to maintain the photo quality.

I am looking forward to supporting the CameraRaw_9_12 for the CS6 users.

I should close it there, waiting for the good news.

sincerely yours

From   the Adobe Lover

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

ly54839969  wrote

I use the Adobe programs(Lightroom 6, CS6 premium, etc)

If you have Lightroom 6, updated to Lightroom 6.12, then you can open 6D Mark II Raw files.

ly54839969  wrote

At present The only  one way that  I can do  is the way  to use  the DNG Converter program.

But The DNG diminishes the quality of photos.  So I want to maintain the photo quality.

In what way do you think the DNG diminishes the quality of the photos? DNG is Raw in another wrapper. Nothing is lost or gained by converting

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is 4+ years old and is no longer being updated, so I doubt that it is possible for new raw features to be added

This is an open forum with "some" Adobe staff participation, use the links below to make a report

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform for feature requests

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ly54839969  wrote

I use the Adobe programs(Lightroom 6, CS6 premium, etc)

If you have Lightroom 6, updated to Lightroom 6.12, then you can open 6D Mark II Raw files.

ly54839969  wrote

In what way do you think the DNG diminishes the quality of the photos? DNG is Raw in another wrapper. Nothing is lost or gained by converting to DNG. You have the same photo quality whether you edit the Raw or DNG file.

I am looking forward to supporting the CameraRaw_9_12 for the CS6 users.

Won't happen. All work on CS6 stopped years ago. There will be no more updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines