Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Camera Raw Dialog is too large on Windows recommended scaling

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled 1.jpgUntitled 2.jpg

the first image is not in full screen mode. the second image is in full screen mode.

photoshop CC has been running fine for me for a long time. ever since this new most recent update, the camera raw filter window has been larger than my computer screen. at first, it was super wide. i hovered my mouse over the edge of the window and i brought it in as far as it will go. i tried using the full screen option, but half of the histogram is cut off. the smallest available size for that camera raw window is still too big. is there a way to make it fit on my screen like it did last week and before?

running windows 10 by the way.

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Post was missing status

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
32 Comments
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your window 10 displays scaling settings

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has also happened to me.  It has absolutely nothing to do with Windows display settings.  The issue has just started with a recent update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jamesw39161393  wrote

This has also happened to me.  It has absolutely nothing to do with Windows display settings.  The issue has just started with a recent update.

In Photoshop CC2018 on Windows 10, there was a change in that Photoshop now picks up the interface scaling setting from Windows > Settings rather than from Photoshop preferences. So JJMack's question is very relevant.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to fix this issue for months now, the only work around I have been able to find is to change the scale and layout ratio in the Windows 10 display from the recommended 150% to 125%.

It wrecks every other program you're running (Outlook, browser etc.) making them too small and unfocused to look at but Photoshop and Camera Raw will fit correctly.

I've gotten used to changing back and forth each time I flick from Photoshop back to another program, it's a pain in the bum but there you go.

All settings/System/Scale and Layout/125%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My point was that Windows hadn't changed, Photoshop changed.  Photoshop needs to be fixed, because I'm not changing my basic Windows display settings so that the camera raw window fits correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you manage to do that?

If you use Windows 10 Microsoft Updates are automatically being installed Windows 10 is changing quite often.  Adobe and Microsoft worked together and changes were made to Windows 10 and Photoshop cc 2018 19.1 to change how Photoshop and new Windows 10 Scale Photoshop UI elements. ACR is a Photoshop Plug-in it UI will be scaled by Adobe using your Windows 10 Display scaling setting for each of your display scaling setting.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using the latest version of Photoshop, updated yesterday along with the latest Camera raw plug-in, also the latest version of Windows 10.

I can still only get Camera Raw to scale correctly if I change the Windows 10 scale and layout setting to the (not recommended) setting of 125%, which of course then makes every other program running look awful.

I have played around with the Photoshop UI scaling preferences, changing back and forth from Auto to 100% to 200%, restarting between each change, they seem to make no obvious visual change to anything.

Sticking with the Windows 10 scale and layout change seems to be the only option still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe that Adobe hasn't addressed this issue.  Especially since it's being published in their own forums.  After years of being happy with Photoshop, I'm looking into other software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop UI requires a Display with at least 1024x798 if you have a high dpi resolution display and scale it to a lower resolution the number of pixel you Display has limited the percentage you can scale by and meet Photoshop requirement.

For example Photoshop old UI scaling Auto would scale my Surface Pro 3  216DPI  display which has 2160x1440 pixels 2x which makes the display logically a 1080x720 Display, Photoshop UI did not fit. Now with Windows 10 Creators edition and Photoshop CC 2018 19.1+ I can set windows scaling to 150% which scale my Display 2160x1440 to a UI display that is 1440x960px and Photoshop UI fit on the display.

If Your Display has 1920x1200 or 1600x1200 all you will be able to scale your display is 125% and meet  Photoshop's UI 1024x768 requirement

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you not understand that I have used Photoshop for years?  That I have used it on THIS laptop for years?  The issue just started several weeks ago.  Nothing has changed in Windows.  My settings are the same as they have always been.  I fix computers for a living.  You don't need to explain display settings to me.  The camera raw window no longer fits on the screen...period.  Nothing else has changed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main Photoshop window is fine...the same as it's always been.  It is the CAMERA RAW FILTER window that won't fit.  Something is wrong with the software...not Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you run Windows 10 and Windows has not been updated im many weeks something is wrong.  Two weeks ago Microsoft install Update KB4089848 winch many Photoshop user have problems with.  That was installed 3/26/20018 one my machine with my hardware and Photoshop configuration I had no problems with that  update.  Since there there have been other updates.  Today I saw 4 new ones where installed not all record in history like Windows Defender update are not recorded likewise running Microsoft's malicious software removal download is not recorded they were also done today.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clipboard01.jpg

So you Adobe people are saying that, all of a sudden, I should  change the scaling to 125% and mess up all of the other programs running on this laptop?  Again, the main Photoshop window is fine.  It is the CAMERA RAW FILTER that won't fit on the screen.  This is NOT a minor issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MAIN PHOTOSHOP WINDOW

1.jpg

CAMERA RAW FILTER WINDOW

2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Users here do not work for or represent Adobe.   Adobe Published Photoshop system requirements one requirement is a display with a least 1024x768 Pixel Adobe recommends more one with 1280x800 pixels.   If you scale your 1920x1080 display 150% your display becomes a  display with 1280x720 Pixels and does not meet Photoshop requirement.  Photoshop Full UI will not fit on your display.   Adobe does not state anything about how you should scale your displays.   I see from your screen capture that Microsoft recommends that you should scale your 1920x1080 display 150%.  I'm writing if you do your display does not meet Adobe's Published Photoshop system requirement.   How you configure windows is up to you. You can change Microsof default setting if you wish to.  If you do not your display does not meet Photoshop's display requirement. Some of Photoshop UI(s) will not fit on your display. Your Screen captures clearly  shows that Adpbe's Photoshop UI does not fit on your display scaled to 1280x720 pixels. You must has a small high-resolution Laptop display.  My 1920x1080 Displays are 23" and 27" displays.  Microsoft recommends scaling my displays 100% Photoshop's UI fits on my displays.

System requirements | January 2018 and October 2017 (19.x) releases of Photoshop CC

Windows

• Intel® Core 2 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor; 2 GHz or faster processor
  • Microsoft Windows 7 with Service Pack 1, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 (version 1607 or later)
    • The 19.0 and 19.0.1 releases of Photoshop CC support Windows 10 1511 and later versions, but not versions 1507 and earlier.
    • Photoshop CC release 19.1 (and later) supports Windows 10 1607 and later versions, but not versions 1511 or earlier.

• 2 GB or more of RAM (8 GB recommended)
  • 2.6 GB or more of available hard-disk space for 32-bit installation; 3.1 GB or more of available hard-disk space for 64-bit installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system)
  • 1024 x 768 display (1280x800 recommended) with 16-bit color and 512 MB or more of dedicated VRAM; 2 GB is recommended*
  • OpenGL 2.0-capable system
  • Internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services.**

Note:

The Quick Share feature, introduced in the October 2017 release of Photoshop CC, requires Windows 10 Spring Creators edition version 1703 or later.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem...."i cant get the camera raw filter window to fit my screen."  It is so frustrating!!!!!  Is there no solution to this issue other than changing to a new program???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sound like you configured someting wrong if you system and Phototoshop are the latest version and your system meates requirements.

Supply pertinent information for quicker answers

• The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:
  • Adobe product and version number
  • Operating system and version number
  • The full text of any error message(s)
  • What you were doing when the problem occurred
  • Screenshots of the problem
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.
JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, did you report it on the https://feedback.photoshop.com site?

There, post the screenshots you posted here, The contents of help>system info...

Also, could you post screenshots of ACR hosted in Bridge, to compare?

Finally, if you have CC2017, post the a view of ACR working normally?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem in Windows 7.

This works for me:-

Go to just above top right corner of Camera Raw window (to right of "preview"

Toggle to full screen and all Camera Raw window shows.

Toggle again; window still shows.

I hope this works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi...same problem here. as solution seems to help scaling less than 150%, may even be 149% scale in display advanced scaling setings. I have a 14' inches with full hd resolution. the problem is that, when scaling less than 150%, just the adobe raw interface seems to be scaled at 100%, resulting in a window with perfect matching, but with very small text (as in 100% scaling).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if I'm understanding correctly. But this is my experience with Photoshop CC 2018. I am running Windows 10 and it's being updated continually. I made no adjustments to my windows settings.  Even as I'm typing now it is waiting for a restart. I installed Photoshop CC 2018 about 5 days ago. Therefore I assume I have the latest version. I am able to get full screen view of Camera Raw filter window by clicking on the square with the double end arrow, located at the right end of the top bar of the window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show you Windows 10 Display scaling setting for each of your displays.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your issue has not yet resolved, and you have not tried reset as yet, you could try it to see if it will work. There are three ways of doing it I will first give you the info for the one I used to resolve an issue developed with my camera raw filter since my last post. This you need to know, all your preference settings will be lost with this method.

With Photoshop closed, hold down ctrl + Alt + Shift and click to open Photoshop. A dialog box will pop-up saying delete the adobe photoshop settings files. Click on it. Choose no on the next dialog box, and Photoshop will come up with the original settings.

Here is another method. Go to Edit> Preferences > General > Reset Preferences on Quit and then close and restart Photoshop.

The third is more selective, but more technical.  An audio/video at Preferences in Photoshop explains two methods: the more selective method and the first method I describe above. (Note: in the first method above you can hold down the keys first then click immediately after. The idea is to have all 4 action at once)

If reset does not work you could probably browse through Solve Adobe Photoshop problems and issues by keeping it up-to-date to see if there's any other suggestion that you might find helpful.

I hope this was helpful

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newest Photoshop 2020 running on Windows 10 1909 - still the same problem when the screen is set to 150%. A shame...

Votes

Translate

Translate