Highlighted

I just bought the Nikon D750 and my raw files will not open in CC Photoshop. Is anyone else that has this camera experienced this problem?

I just bought the Nikon D750 and my raw files will not open in CC Photoshop. Is anyone else that has this camera experienced this problem?

My Photoshop says it is up to date, but I am hoping that since this camera just came out, Adobe will have an raw file update soon.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More
This conversation has been locked.

My Photoshop says it is up to date, but I am hoping that since this camera just came out, Adobe will have an raw file update soon.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Re: I just bought the Nikon D750 and my raw files will not open in CC Photoshop. Is anyone else that has this camera experienced this problem?

Most Valuable Participant , Sep 27, 2014

That camera was announce what two weeks ago.  Support for is in not in ACR yet and the DNG converter most likely can not handle the RAW format yet.  Use Nikon's software to convert the RAW files till  support for that camera is added to ACR. Camera Raw plug-in | Supported cameras

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Re: I just bought the Nikon D750 and my raw files will not open in CC Photoshop. Is anyone else that has this camera experienced this problem?

Right now, it seems Nikon has a Raw converter codec for Windows, but not for Macs, which is what I currently use. I wonder how long it typically take for a camera to be added to ACR?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Actually I think I found a converter that will work! Thanks for your help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

what converter did u find tha works?  I also have a 750, and am on a photo trip but am not using the new camera (grumble) because of no ability to convert raw files...I coud use Nikon's software, or so I believe to convert to tiff files but would rather not use an unknown procedure for important work

Hope Adobe updates dng converter to support the 750 soon, have another two week photo trip shortly and woud like to use the new camera.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Here is where I downloaded it from : Nikon Imaging | Global Site | ViewNX 2™ Download

I used my D750 to photograph a wedding yesterday, forgetting that the RAW probably wouldn't be supported in adobe yet. That download will let you convert it to Jpeg or Tiff. I really hope they update soon too because I need to be able to edit the RAW images from this wedding!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

The  Nikon software converts it just fine, but the Tiff files are a lot bigger. I did a photo shoot on Saturday without realizing that Lightroom wouldn't read the raw files and I can't stand editing jpeg's..... Going to convert my favorites but really hoping for an update on Lightroom

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Most Valuable Participant , Oct 04, 2014

ACR 8,7 RC is available has D750 support

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I've got the same problem and the only way I can see my .Nef files is with the Nikon software (ViewNX2) that was comming with my D750.

Else than that, I'm still waiting for Adobe to make an Update ASAP...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Most Valuable Participant , Oct 06, 2014

Did you try the ACR 8.7 Release Candidate  from Adobe labs?

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Yes I've tried it yesterday and nothing.. My PC is still not capable of reading it else than with the Nikon software.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Can you confirm it is installed correctly (press F to reveal the Camera Raw title bar showing the version info)?

What software did you use to download the files from the camera? Nikon Transfer has known issues with recent cameras.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Adobe Community Professional , Oct 07, 2014

If you have touched (transferred, viewed) your NEF files with Nikon software older than what came with your D750 camera then the files will be corrupted and unreadable by Adobe software.

You can fix this specific corruption with a utility from here:

http://owl.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/fix_corrupted_nef.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

C'mon Adobe, what is the wait about? teaching those "pesky Mac users" a lesson? I am not being able to use YOUR product on y Mac Pro because you just can't give all platforms the same weight... When is support for the D750 coming to Lightroom CC Mac?? You'll loose me as a customer if not VERY SOON!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Adobe Community Professional , Oct 15, 2014

You're posting to threads that already contain the answer for using the D750 with PS-CC so either you're not reading the threads you're posting to, or you should be reading threads over in the LR forum which also contain the answer to your questions about the D750.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

the answer is NO on the D750, Adobe is not worried about it's public, now that the main competition(Aperture) is no longer play, Adobe is taking it's sweet @ss time... This company is shameless...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

dotpage wrote:

the answer is NO on the D750, Adobe is not worried about it's public, now that the main competition(Aperture) is no longer play, Adobe is taking it's sweet @ss time... This company is shameless...

You seem to have a bit of a chip on your shoulder about this.

Don't you realise that Adobe is forced to provide updates because camera manufacturers won't support an open standard for raw files? If they did, there would never be any need to wait.

Meanwhile, you're complaining about a free service Adobe provides to make their software compatible with new cameras, developed since the software was released?

You've been given a means of using Lightroom by downloading DNG Converter as a temporary stop gap. But who's the silly person here? You bought a D750 and you have no means of opening the raw files? You didn't think that one through did you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Adobe Community Professional , Oct 19, 2014

LR comes out about every 3-4 months and the last one came out the last day of July which is only 2.5 months ago.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

you can open the raws in bridge and then in camera raw through there

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

You seem to have a bit of a chip on your shoulder about this.

- You are damn right I do...

Don't you realise that Adobe is forced to provide updates because camera manufacturers won't support an open standard for raw files?

- Baloney bud, Adobe could give less the s**t for open standards, I live in the IT wold and Adobe's fight agains any Open Source is notoriously famous. Go read before you put out a statement like that. Or stop taking $$$ from Adobe before you say something this wrong and misleading...

If they did, there would never be any need to wait.

- Adobe is the one not complying to open standards, you can read RAW from a D750 even from BEFORE the release, RawTherapee and any other Linux/Unix graphic tool can. Adobe is sticking to their OWN standards, not the open one. Just do some research before you vomit on your keyboard...

Meanwhile, you're complaining about a free service Adobe provides to make their software compatible with new cameras, developed since the software was released?

- FREE? Really? no subscription, no money, no development... When di Adobe gave ANYTHING for free? All the "free" tools are either supplements that should be incorporated to the main software or traps that will eventually force you into a paid Adobe product, just like how hard it is to implement PDF tools without buying the worst of all tools: Adobe Acrobat.... Get informed...

You've been given a means of using Lightroom by downloading DNG Converter as a temporary stop gap. But who's the silly person here? You bought a D750 and you have no means of opening the raw files? You didn't think that one through did you.

- I can open RAW in Linux, unix and even Windows using other software and software suites, Adobe is eventually loose (more) subscribers, and hopefully one day get bought out and taken apart...

Peace.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Here is the link to Nikons new version ofsoftware that supports the 750… Nikon Imaging | Global Site | Capture NX-D

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines