• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I just bought the Nikon D750 and my raw files will not open in CC Photoshop. Is anyone else that has this camera experienced this problem?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2014 Sep 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought the Nikon D750 and my raw files will not open in CC Photoshop. Is anyone else that has this camera experienced this problem?

My Photoshop says it is up to date, but I am hoping that since this camera just came out, Adobe will have an raw file update soon.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Several posts from multiple users with name-calling, insults, and swear words have been removed. Folks, please use the forums for discussing solutions, issues, etc. in a mature manner and don't fall prey to the temptation to take things personally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2014 Oct 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR comes out about every 3-4 months and the last one came out the last day of July which is only 2.5 months ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2014 Nov 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can open the raws in bridge and then in camera raw through there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the link to Nikons new version ofsoftware that supports the 750… Nikon Imaging | Global Site | Capture NX-D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just bought the D750. I installed Adobe's Camera Raw 8.7 (RC) and it now works with Adobe Camera Raw. My question is: Should Camera Raw 8.7 (RC) allow Lightroom to work as well? That's what I really want to work since I use Lightroom for about 80% of my workflow. I do have a workaround, but I have a week-long sports (dogs) event coming up that I have to be as quick as possible. Anyone know if Camera Raw 8.7 (RC) should allow Lightroom to work as well? Maybe I still need to configure something?

Thanks!

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR does not use ACR it has its own UI  they both use Adobe RAW Conversion Engine so it depends on where camera support is.  If camera support is in the engine do they share an Adobe RAW Conversion module or do both have their own copy.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Camera Raw has no impact at all on Lightroom. Lightroom does not use the plug-in. You will have to wait for the next Lightroom update to have support for the D750. In the meantime, if you want to use Lightroom, download the DNG converter 8.7RC and create DNG copies that will work with previous versions of Lightroom, including Lightroom 5.6. Some users don't want to have to go through that extra step of converting. Yet, there are many other users who convert to DNG routinely. It's a good stopgap choice until the next release of Lightroom..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kgarv18 wrote:

… I am hoping that since this camera just came out, Adobe will have an raw file update soon.

Adobe Camera Raw is updated in an orderly fashion three or four times a year.  No other event will accelerate or expedite an earlier release.  If your camera model is not included in the next final release, then there's a chance it will be included one release later.  It's that simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kgarv18, don't be discourage from voicing your frustration with the company that took your money abut does not respect you enough to support you. Adobe should be jumping to release patches a day or two before any new camera releases, that's fundamentally is their OBLIGATION to you as customer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are [mistaken], dotpage.

Neither Canon nor Nikon supplies Adobe with advance models of their cameras, nor with technical data necessary to develop a plug-in.  Adobe has to wait until the cameras are actually on the shelves and buy one of each model, then painstakingly develop a plug-in that is up to the Adobe standards, which in turn has to be beta tested like any other software.  Those are not "patches", but full fledged plug-ins.

I am not an Adobe fanboy, quite the contrary.  But this is an issue in which customers like you are clearly in the wrong.

Edited to remove potentially offensive language

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if that was true, which I've seen evidence in other forums to the contrary, Adobe could release patches, I design software and yes, you can do that, not sure if you could do that with violins... If they have the ability to release CR 8.7 Beta, they have the information necessary to patch LE at anytime, maybe Beta with "no support from Adobe", but that would be respecting the customer's workflow.

Read the context of the discussion before you attack it.

Edited to remove reference to a removed post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines