• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I would like to reverse engineer a camera profile

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really like the profile "Camera Portrait" for Sony cameras (I have an Alpha 7rII), but I'm not a fan of the color distortions it provides, which is why I would like to tweak it.

I can use the HSL and calibration sliders, but they will only get me so far, and, for practical purposes, I would like to combine it all in a single custom profile. Yes, I have the HSL sliders at my disposal for this, but not the calibration sliders, and, as said above, they will only get me so far.

I would like to reverse engineer this camera profile (or any of them), so I can have full control. I could do this by creating a LUT, but I would need to apply the profile to a specific comparison image, like the one attached, but this is not possible, since camera-specific profiles can only be applied to RAW photos coming from the targeted camera.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

It would really help if you can share your feedback on our community:https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_camera_raw_and_dng

As this forum is monitored by our engineers, and they might look into this for future releases.

We need more helping hands like you, as we're building towards a better user experience.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the end, I just used Adobe's DNG Profile Editor. That gave me access to calibration sliders, which I made do with for my needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update. Glad to know it helped 🙂 

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to let us know.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines