Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Lightroom Presets into ACR without Lightroom

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this can't be done, but here's my story:

A while back I received an email from a photographer I follow. He was participating in a "Photography Bundle" where a group of people proficient in Photoshop, Lightroom, and general photography pooled their collective teaching resources and offered something from everyone for a discounted price. You know this kind of thing.

Anyway, I bought the bundle becuase of a specific Photoshop tutorial I was interested in. This tutorial was well worth the price of the bundel. However, the bundle also came with a plethora of Lightroom Presets (in the .lrtemplate format). The thing is, I don't have Lightroom. (As it stands, I'm still running Photoshop CS6 because I'm too much of a Scrooge to subscribe to another monthly fee on top of all the others to which I subscribe: Netflix et al.)

Before I trash all these Lightroom presets as worthless to me, is there a way that I can import them into Adobe Camera Raw or Photoshop without having Lightroom?

I've seen online tutorials where you can open an image in Lightroom, apply your preset, Open the image As a Smart Object in Photoshop, edit the now-opened-in-Photoshop image in ACR and save the settings as an ACR preset but ... I don't have Lightroom, which seems to be the base of that approach.

Any other suggestions out there?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?