Highlighted

Impossible to disable scrubby zoom in latest camera raw?

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like selection zoom has been removed entirely. I mean, seriously? Whose bright idea was this? I HATE scrubby zoom, and don't want to be forced to use it.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Impossible to disable scrubby zoom in latest camera raw?

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like selection zoom has been removed entirely. I mean, seriously? Whose bright idea was this? I HATE scrubby zoom, and don't want to be forced to use it.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 18, 2020 5
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know who's bright idea it was, but I won't name names here. Sorry it inpires your hatred. (Some people do like it, just so you know.)

You don't have to use if if you don't like it. On the General Preferences panel turn on "Use Lightroom Style Pan and Zoom." In that mode you will need to hold down a modifier key to use scrubby zoom. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is, I don't want Lightroom style zoom. I rarely use Lightroom. I want the normal zoom with the selection box. There was seriously no remotely rational reason to remove this feature.

Edit: Never mind, I see now. One has to hold down control to enable the selection box. I wish there had been some kind of hint or tip, because it was never like that before. Crisis averted I guess. On a more positive note, I actually like the new UI a lot, I don't know what everyone is complaining about.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are a some more tips to avoid accidentally using scrubby zoom if you don't like it.

If you are using a Windows PC with a touchpad or a Mac with a trackpad you can use two fingers to pan your photo horizontally and vertically--no clicking so therefore no accidental scrubby zoom.

When the scrubby zoom tool is enabled ("Use Lightroom Style Pan and Zoom" is off), you can disable it a few ways:
1. Tap the 'h' key to change the cursor from zoom to the hand (pan) tool.

2. Click on the hand tool near the bottom of the tool bar on the right side of Camera Raw (same effect as tapping the h key to toggle the hand tool on and off).

3. Hold down the space bar. The cusror will change from the zoom tool to the hand tool while you hold down the space bar.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I hold down the Ctrl key I can draw a box but it does not zoom into the area within the box.  PLEASE change the zoom option to its previous format.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 2
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is another problem. On the previous version of ACR, on a Mac while using the spot removal tool, holding down the Option key and using the scroll wheel would zoom in and out without having to select the zoom tool. This functionality is lost in the ACR 12.3.

Now the scroll wheel just changes the brush size, regardless if the option key is pressed or not.

Please fix this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same feelings about the new ACR. The scroll wheel just changing the brush size is very frustrating. Makes it much harder to zoom in and out of the image as needed. I am also having problems with the zoom method changing to scrubby zoom at random, even with "Use lightroom pan and zoom" selected in the menu. Please fix these issues in the next update!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not work for Adobe. I have no connections with the company whatsoever. I do know that the complaints of MANY users has been heard about the latest Camera Raw, and Adobe is working on a fix of one sort or another. What that entails, I do not know. In the meantime, the only choices are to endure Camera Raw 12.3 or revert to the previous version. If you choose to revert, here is the link:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_x 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip, but now Bridge won't open images in ACR at all. Command+R does nothing, and the menu opiton for "Open in Camera Raw" is grayed out. I can open an image in photoshop, and ACR 12.2 comes up, but for some reason Bridge isn't recognizing that the older version of ACR is installed. Ugh. What a mess. Any ideas?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2020 0
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll have to go to the Creative Cloud Application Manager and locate Bridge. Click on the "..." and choose to uninstall the current version. Then choose to install the "most recent" older version. That should synchronize Bridge and Camera Raw.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noted. So are you saying that ACR 12.2 doesn't work at all with Bridge 10.1?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2020 0
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I can tell you is, apparently not. I'm sticking with the latest Camera Raw because I don't use it that much and I can tolerate it as it is. I know, it's different. But I don't use it that much so it doesn't bother me. But I have seen reports from others that it was necessary for them to drop back to previous versions of Bridge, and that's really all I know. Sorry.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2020 0