Inverting col neg to positive in latest acr

Participant ,
Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, does anyone have a good ACR preset  to convert scanned col negatives to positives?
i know it's basically flipping the curve (dragging the white and black points down/up) and I could save that as a preset. But there are other adjustments, like the col cast that would be good to have included... plus all other sliders (except contrast) work in the opposite direction so its difficult to add other presets on top

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Per Berntsen | Adobe Community Professional

The best way to invert color negatives is by using a Curves adjustment layer in Photoshop.

The Color Negative (RGB) preset will invert the colors, and also compensate for the orange mask.

It does a reasonably good job most of the time, and you can tweak the colors by editing the individual channels, and adjust brightness and contrast with the RGB (black) curve.

image.png

Topics

DNG, How to, Mac, Presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is my workflow. Frankly, I don't think the DNG file generated byVuescan offers any advantage over a 16 bit TIF file. At least that has been my experience. If the DNG file isn't coming from a true raw source in the first place my opinion is that the TIF file is just as good.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 27, 2020 0
Participant ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0