• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to transform Camera Raw adjustment brush to selection when opening the file in Photoshop ?

Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used quite a lot of Adjustment Brush in ACR, for selectively underexposing some subjects. Now I want to open the file in Adobe Photoshop to continue some more retouching, but I need the area that I used the adjustment brush over to be selected. Is it posibile and how would one do it ? Thank you very much,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are two entirely different things. The only thing I can think of is stacking adjusted/unadjusted in "Difference" blend mode and reconstructing a selection/mask based on that. You won't get the area directly, but you can work on it a bit and get a good approximation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi  the_aDb,

I don't think you can use Camera raw adjustment brush selection while using Photoshop's brushes.

Are you launching Camera Raw from Photoshop or Bridge?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines