• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way for raw converter to make variable exposure adjust to make all pics evenly lit ?

Participant ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

CS6  raw 9.1.1

I have photographs taken with pop up flash on my eos 70d dslr giving multiple coverage at various angles and positions on a mechanical object about 8 inch long and 4 inch high, those low down near table top on which it rests aiming at its front see a flash fall off, those looking down onto it just shadows from its few external 'gubbins'.

Can I use one of those better photos as reference and tell raw to make the other shots match the exposure and appearance of those reference points, so it adjusts each photo, evens out the fall off, and adjusts exposure so I have got a matching set of pics ?

Having to fiddle each photo and do each one visually, applying shadow slider, flash fall off slider, exposure adjustment, clarity etc when there are 180 photos, the object being repositioned 5 times so as to get coverage of all parts of it, (its for photogrammetry where evenly lit objects are the best if possible ) is going to take forever. Clicking auto is no use, rarely does auto make it correct, a friend also says auto rarely is of instant success and quite big adjustments are then needed.

Circumstances did not allow two brollies, tripod etc, no time, eqpt not with me, and such photography was not the original plan but time or lack of dictated a change in plan, out came the camera and pop up, and there is no going back next day armed with brollies etc.

I am often dealing with many shots of an object for photogrammetry, never where brollies mode can be done,  and such a raw mode method as hoped for would be a life saver.

Doesnt have to be how I describe, just any way of brightening up the darker areas to get evenly lit object in lots of photos of same item.

Merlin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Move from the Photoshop forum to the Camera Raw forum.

There is the auto button, but I think with CS6 it doesn't calculate all the images independantly. The new Camera Raws are better, but they still don't adjust clarity. To get best results, you really need to go through each one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats not good news, having to try and remember what each one is like, form a standard in the brain and adjust each one to that, auto is never of use, its things like this which would be so useful, to have a means of standardising and making a matching set of images of an object or scene, so many things added over the the years but this is fundamental and doesnt exist.

Merlin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're willing to use Lightroom Classic, it has a command that might do the job: Match Total Exposures

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines