• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to control which sliders are affected by the auto button?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using the latest ACR (11.2.0.135).

I like the auto button very much.

I know that by default, clicking auto will change all the sliders to a "perfect" fit according to some algorithm.

I know also that I can perform the auto change on each slider individually by double clicking on it while holding shift.

But, my question is the following:

I only want the auto mode to change 4 sliders out of 10.

Is there a way to set the settings of the auto button so that it only affects a few sliders and not all of them ?

Thanks!

Philippe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Hi Philippe,

I do not think that it is possible to control what adjustment sliders are controlled by Auto.
However, it seems like a good idea for future updates. Could you please suggest it as a feature here, so that our engineers can look into it? Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Also, it would be better to user custom presets to create presets with desired effects. Please check this article to know more: https://photoshopcafe.com/tutorial/presets-cameraRaw

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Philippe,

I do not think that it is possible to control what adjustment sliders are controlled by Auto.
However, it seems like a good idea for future updates. Could you please suggest it as a feature here, so that our engineers can look into it? Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Also, it would be better to user custom presets to create presets with desired effects. Please check this article to know more: https://photoshopcafe.com/tutorial/presets-cameraRaw

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want exactly the same thing. I love the Auto feature, but hate the level of Saturation and Vibrance that it adds. I wish I could turn off Auto for those two sliders (permanently) and just use the Auto to adjust everything else. That would be awesome. Instead I run Auto on each picture, then tweak things a little, and then select all my images and reduce the saturation and vibrance sliders for everything in one go - this is not only stupid, it's far from ideal either, it would be so much better if the Auto feature could be configured to either deselect certain sliders, or reduce how aggressively it applies its algorithm - perhaps if I could reduce the strength of the AI algorithm for the Saturation and Vibrance to 10-20% of the current default, then I'd be happy with it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use Auto, then make and use a Preset that zero's out Vibrance and Saturation.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines