• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest edition of Photoshop 2018

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe have just upgraded my Photoshop cloud edition. Since that time I have been intermittently unable to  open my images ie I get an error message.in Photoshop This is occurring mainly with my .RAF images from my Fujifilm X100F but has also occurred with an .jpeg image, I never had any problems with the previous edition (before the upgrade a week ago) and nor have I made any modifications to my operating system (Windows 7)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What specifically is the error message and what specific version of PS and the CR plug-in are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error message is 'could not complete your request because of program error'. I am  using Photoshop CC 2018 with Windows ver 7

I never had any problem with the previous version of Photoshop CC 2017.

The error occurs when I attempt to open any type of photo (jpeg, Raw etc)

I have just upgraded from PS 2017 to PS 2018 via the Adobe Creative Cloud 'upgrade' tag but I have made no other changes to my PC.

Any ideas how I can correct the problem of even revert to Photoshop 2017?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure your PS is actually the latest version:  PS CC 2018 19.1.5 and the CR plug-in is 10.4 in case it installed a slightly older version that doesn't quite work.  Help / About PS or Plug-in / Camera Raw OR Help / System Info should have version info.

If you're on Win 7 it needs to be at least service pack 1.  Here are the detailed System Requirements for PS 19:

You can install an older version using the little down arrow next to the open/install button for PS in the CC app:

Here is the list of prior versions I see because I'm on the latest PS 19.1.5 that was just released a few days ago.  You might see exactly the same thing or something with less current versions if the CC app didn't put 19.1.5 on your computer from the beginning:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On opening Bridge, 'edit,raw preferences' I note that the ACR version is ver 8  inspite of the fact that I need ver 10.4.

The Adobe CC window states that Photoshop, Bridge and Camera Raw are all up-to-date.I have re-run the 'update' in the Adobe CC window but the Camera Raw is shown as 'up-to-date' which it clearly is not.

How do I update ACR to the latest version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS CC 2018 should install ACR 10.0 at a minimum not 8 so I suspect the Bridge shortcut may be old.

Verify the versions of things using PS not Bridge:

Start PS, then do Help / About Photoshop CC and Help / About Plug-ins / Camera Raw.

Here is what I see:

Also, you haven't said if you have at least Win 7 SP1 or not, which is the minimum version for PS according to the system requirements, above.  I've long since moved on from Windows 7 so can't verify personally, but Google -> Microsoft says this is how you determine your windows version on Windows 7:

Finally, here is a page with links to install ACR 10.4 among other things, but if your OS is too old then it may give an error:

Camera Raw plug-in installer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1. The PC has 16 RAM and is 64 bit.with an Intel chip

I have sine upgraded to ACR 10.4 and checked that both Bridge and PS are using this. 

I still can't open some of my RAW etc images though

These problems have only occurred in the last week or so since I upgraded to PS CC 2018-I have made no other changes to the PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further information on my processor  Intel CoreTM i7-4790 CPU 360GHz 16RAM 64bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What error message are you getting?

Try opening your raw images from PS -> Open (as Camera Raw?) instead of Bridge.

Try putting a raw image from another, older camera in the same folder as your new camera's raws and try opening the older camera's raw the same way you're trying to open the new camera's raws and see what version of ACR opens it successfully.

Maybe there is something actually wrong with the new camera's raw files.  Please upload one that doesn't open for you to somewhere like dropbox or googledrive or onedrive (or other large file hosting service) and post a public share link to it, here, so others can try in their software to make sure it actually opens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the pics I have tried to open unsuccessfully in CC 2018, opened successfully with Photoshop CC 2017 (with RAW 10.4)..Even the latest RAF files from the Fuji X100F),

The problem occurs regularly but intermittently with  other older RAW files from my Sony A9, jpegs etc.I have even tried opening as 'smart objects' with no success

The problem has occurred specifically when I switched fro CC 2017 to CC2018 but the problem now persists even when I switch back to CC 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just opened my pics in DxO 11 and there are NO problems.  All RAW formats are OK (ARW,dng ,CR2) and also jpegs (except that it does not support RAF raw files ie FujiX100F)

So clearly the problem is associated with PS CC 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When running on Windows 7 SP1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I have loaded DxO 11 on to the same PC as PS CC 2018. DxO 11 runs satisfactorily but PS CC 2018 does not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having this exact same problem using Win 10 Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines