• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Let's make the interface more pliable....

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all... having used Adobe Camera RAW for almost 20 years now, I have to say that I am struggling with the new interface. It just isn't that ergnomic to use (not that the old one was much better). What WOULD improve ACR 12.3 though, is if Adobe allowed people to customize the interface in basic ways.

For the moment I am frustrated that everytime I want to change between the different tool palletes on the far right of the screen... I have to go up to the TOP RIGHT corner to get to them.... WHY NOT JUST POSITION THESE PALETTE ICONS in the CENTRE RIGHT of the screen... so that they are easier to get to.

I am left handed, and it would also be good if we could swap the thumbnails column from the left of the screen to the right... and the tools from the right to the left of the screen.

Small differences like this would be quite an improvement for many of us who spend a lot of time working with Bridge ACR. (Call me old fashioned but I prefer to work in Bridge than Lightroom).

I look forward to hearing your thoughts. Anthony 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a user to user forum, and my opinion doesn't count for anything. But I will give you some of my thoughts as just another user. I'm not defending Camera Raw because I don't use it all that much. I have played around with the new interface introduced in 12.3, and sort of understand it. First of all, Camera Raw is a plug-in and not a full-scale application. I don't know if that has any bearing on how customizable it could be. 

I don't know if this will help you in your accessibility issue. If you right-click on one of the panel headings such as Basic or Tone Curve, etc. there is an option you can choose called Single Panel Mode. If you choose that option when you open one of the panels such as Basic all of the other panels will collapse. For me, this seems to streamline the accessibility to the different tools somewhat.

I suppose, depending on individual circumstances, ideal placement of the controls might be something that would be nice to be customizable. But I question whether that kind of flexibility will ever be added to the plug-in. It isn't even available in a full-fledged application such as Lightroom or Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines