• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5 not loading

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom can't deal with importing. The bar begins to go across, then just freezes. I have to force quit to get out.

There is just no reason for this to fail. Why can't an update fix the glitches?

I have read that the Lightroom classic is the way to go. However, I have no need for a cloud, and don't want any of my photos to leave my desktop, unless and until I have finished working on them in Lightroom. I am also shooting drone footage, so I need something to handle RAW images.

Is there a version which doesn't require a monthly subscription?

Or is there something comparable which doesn't need a subscription?

Thanks in advance.

Bryan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing to try is resetting prefs:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a complete misunderstanding of Lightroom Classic. Yes, the cloud is involved, but only as a delivery system to deliver the software to you. Lightroom Classic is installed on your local computer, utilizing a local catalog, stores images locally on your computer or hard drives connected to your computer, and functions just like Lightroom 5. Updates are delivered via the cloud when they are available. IF you want, you can create collections using Lightroom Classic and share them using the cloud system and access them on mobile devices, but that is not mandatory. It's a feature that is available for those who want to use it. HOWEVER, Lightroom Classic is only available by subscription. And the photography plan in the US costs $9.99/month. It includes Photoshop in case that interests you. You may not be interested, but I wanted to clarify in case there is a misunderstanding. Lightroom Classic and Photoshop are installed locally on your computer and images are stored on the computer hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank k you for the information. If it is installed on the computer, why would you need the monthly service charge?Bryan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what pays for the updates to Lightroom Classic, and Photoshop, and Bridge. These programs cannot be purchased outright anymore. All of the Adobe products have transitioned to a subscription program and are all available via the cloud. All Adobe products are delivered via the cloud, but are installed locally on the subscriber's computer. Updates are delivered via the cloud. But all programs are installed locally. You cannot purchase any of these programs out right. The only Adobe programs available for purchase are Adobe Photoshop Elements and Premier Elements.

The advantage of the creative cloud program is that, through the cloud, you always have access to the latest versions of the programs you have subscribed to. You install from the Creative Cloud Application Manager, which is a small application which you keep installed on your computer. There are no serial numbers, everything is managed using your Adobe ID and password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moved to The Lightroom forum, from the Camera Raw forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines