• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loss of Quality When Opening RAW Files in PSE 2020

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just updated my version of PSE to handle the ARW (RAW) files from my Sony A77ii. 

Unfortunately, when I edit the files in ACR and try to open them in PSE for additional touch-ups/recomposing, etc., the image quality is HORRIBLE!! 

Here is a screen grab of a (fairly awful) picture that I edited in ACR:

RawImage.PNG

Obviously, it's not the best picture, but still MUCH better than when I open it in PSE:

Raw_OpenedInPSE.PNG

I'm so frustrated!! What am I doing wrong?? 

I've also tried other software, such as RAWThereapee, with similar results. Are Sony RAW files just terrible to work with??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long exposures are difficult to deal with. And it's difficult to evaluate this image because there's no indication as to what ISO setting was used. One disadvantage you have using Camera Raw with Photoshop Elements is that you don't have all the tools that Camera Raw has to offer when compared to Photoshop or Lightroom Classic. Whether or not that would make a difference, I couldn't tell you because I haven't used Photoshop Elements since version 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We really need access to the raw to compare it to other converters, examine a raw Histogram etc. 

You say you got similar (poor?) results from another converter, could be the image quality itself is just really poor. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines