Highlighted

Missing the Crop & Rotate functionality in the new Camera Raw 12.3

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using Camera Raw from Photoshop, i am missing some critical functionality, such as crop and rotate.   It seems to be present if launching directly out of Windows using a RAW file, before it opens in Photoshop, however when using it as a filter from within PhotoShop, its missing the very important crop and rotate 'C' functionality. 

AFAIK, the CR Filter has never had a crop tool. If you need to do it in ACR, open the image as a Smart Object.

Topics

Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Missing the Crop & Rotate functionality in the new Camera Raw 12.3

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using Camera Raw from Photoshop, i am missing some critical functionality, such as crop and rotate.   It seems to be present if launching directly out of Windows using a RAW file, before it opens in Photoshop, however when using it as a filter from within PhotoShop, its missing the very important crop and rotate 'C' functionality. 

AFAIK, the CR Filter has never had a crop tool. If you need to do it in ACR, open the image as a Smart Object.

Topics

Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 11, 2020 0
Advocate ,
Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2020 0
TheDoc46 LATEST
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks i only realized this after i downgraded to 12.2 and realized it wasn't there in the previous version either. Well it is, but only if you launch directly into Camera Raw, and not use it as a CR Filter. So my bad and thanks for the reply. I'm back on 12.3 now. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2020 0