Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My adjustment brush still won't work

Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read all the previous questions and answers on this subject. The advice that the sliders are sitting on zero is not applicable to me.  I've been using the Adjustment Brush in Abobe Camera Raw for years.  All of a sudden it has quit working; none of the controls available with the adjustment brush work, at a variety of settings.  And I get the box that says can't adjust the picture because the local adjustment controls are set to have no effect.  Where does one find this setting?  I have also read advice to update software.  Checking the usual places I use, I don't see any updates for Photoshop or Camera Raw available.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Thank you for the information Waldweben, here is the link for the updated version of Camera Raw:
Camera Raw installer for Adobe Photoshop CC and CS6

Please try it and let us know if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Waldweben,

As your adjustment brush is not working, could you please let us know which version of Camera raw plugin are you using?

Could you please share a screenshot of the error?

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sahil,

Thank you for your reply. My Camera Raw plug-in is 7.0.0.308. When I made my original inquiry, I was getting a message that said "can't adjust the picture because the local adjustment controls are set to have no effect." But now it doesn't show me that message, so I can't take a snapshort for you. I am able to open photographs in Camera Raw and the sliders on the "Basic" menu work fine. I can open the Adjustment Brush and see the controls. But when I set the sliders for an adjustment, click on the brush and drag it over my photograph (I've tried several photos), nothing happens. As I said earlier, I have been using the Adjustment Brush for years, so I know how to use it, it just stopped working. The Gradient tool works fine.

Someone mentioned updating the program. My computer doesn't show any updates available for Camera Raw, but maybe I don't know how to search for them well.

Any advice you can offer would be much appreciated.

Sincerely

Waldweben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information Waldweben, here is the link for the updated version of Camera Raw:
Camera Raw installer for Adobe Photoshop CC and CS6

Please try it and let us know if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sahil:

It works! It was easy to download. Thank you so much, you've made my day.

Anne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad we made it work, feel free to reach out to us for any future queries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines