• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Revert UI to older Camera Raw UI (12.2.1) after Interface Changes

LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after updating photoshop , when i opened it for the first time there was option to use camera raw as it is (vertical film) or to change it to new UI (with new look and horizontal filmstrip ), i just clicked new UI to see how it looks , i thought if i dont like it i will just go back to using older UI but there is no option to select older UI , i contacted adobe but person who was helping me just suggested that i should install older version of camera raw or ask for help from this forum , i found it bit frustrating that if there was simple option to choose new UI so why not give option to revert back to older UI with newly updated software. maybe its bug or adobe forcing people to use new UI even if they dont like it

Idea Declined Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Thank you for continuing to provide valuable feedback on the recent UI changes in Adobe Camera Raw 12.3. For some customers these changes have disrupted existing workflows, particularly for in-process projects. To mitigate these issues we have offered a roll back to version 12.2.1 so that you can continue your current projects under the old UI.

Adobe updated the Camera Raw user interface for several reasons. The new design supports commonly-requested features, such as a horizontal filmstrip, a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020
If you want to refer to 12.2.1, you can do so here: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_x

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 788 Replies 788
788 Comments
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot stand the new camera raw layout!  Ugh why must they always change things SO annoying.  Is there a way to revert to the old look without changing the version?  Adobe you suck if you don't give us these options....hope they didn't assume everyone would love their new look because they don't....personally I can't stand it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there isn't. Revert to older version or move forward.
Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, already downgraded! Much better 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just been offered an update to Bridge 10.1.    Anyone tried this, and what affect might it have on the dinosaur downgrade to 10.0.4 and RAW 12.2.1

Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not alone! Thank you BikerChad for this post. I posted on another thread about how the latest Camera Raw update has completely trashed my workflow. As a professional photographer who takes photos for editorial, in an environment where speed is a necessity, this update was a total disaster. I've been using Photoshop and Camera Raw for over 10 years, and they somehow managed to make my editing process take LONGER than ever before, and that's unacceptable for someone who needs to edit quickly and fire off photos instantly after events. The arcane scrolling UI, the fact there is even no SAVE AS button in Camera Raw is absolutely ridiculous. I need the ability to edit RAW images and save them as JPG images IMMEDIATELY to send, and they have created additional steps for me to just save an image to JPG. Who thought this made sense? I am certainly not the only photographer using Camera RAW and submitting photos on deadline. Things need to be made to edit faster, more streamlined, and features that help speed things up should not be taken away. I feel like they've marooned us. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also a working pro and I don't mind the UI changes one way or another, its no slower than the older version. I do, however, have a problem with the bugs that were introduced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I do, however, have a problem with the bugs that were introduced."

Specifically what bugs on what OS? Some here can (more officially and faster) report them to the team. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...the fact there is even no SAVE AS button in Camera Raw is absolutely ridiculous

"Save As" for what? What do you wish to save? 

Save Image Options:

• Command + S (Mac) | Control + S (Win) displays the Save Options window.
• Option -click (Mac) | Alt -click (Win) the Save icon to save the selected images using the last applied settings (bypassing the Save Options dialog). • Use the Preset menu to save presets for frequently used Save settings.

- Control -click (Mac) | right -click (Win) to apply Save presets via the context sensitive menus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already reported a couple to the PR team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already reported a couple to the PR team.

What are they? 

I'm aware of one for resetting Geometry, anything else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need it and it appears Bridge 10.1 needs ACR 12.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.   That's what I thought.   Let sleeping dogs lie!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Adobe!
Since you introduced the latest Camera Raw change, I've noticed that I really do anything to avoid using it. Usability is awful, this new layout is absolutely user unfriendly. I've been such a big fan of Camera Raw since day one. But now I hate it 100%.
I just want to say that I wish you could roll back to the older, better layout. It was ultimately perfect. Now it's like "shut me off and never open again". Really unhappy with the mess that you turned it into. Sorry for such a loud opinion. Can you ask around other users? I've got a feeling that I'm not the only one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just read the whole thread and you'll see that you are not alone and how to revert back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed the new version of ACR and absolutely HATE IT. If I wanted to use lightroom, I would, but I dont because I hate it. Please change ACR back to the way it was. The “new" not improved version is messing with my work flow, its taking longer to do/find anything and is not intuitive or user friendly. I understand that software updates need to happen, but please stop messing with the basic layout and function of the software. We spend enough time editing and once we get a system/process going you can’t just go and move/change it to look completely different. You just doubled my editing time. Please just change it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Branislav - I believe I've now read the entire thread but plan to read it once more just to be sure.  I understand that I have to run the 12.2 installer but what I'm not clear about is if I need or don't need to do anything else - like uninstall Bridge, for instance.  Will the 12.2 installer install over the 12.3 current installation?  
   All I really want is one button to click to make 12.3 disappear forever.  I can't imagine what Adobe was thinking.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could not agree more. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should not have to run the uninstaller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! ACR is again usable. Alas, if Adobe desided new awful UI stays forever, we're stuck with no updated for a long time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lwdgrfx: I got mine reverted by simply running the 12.2 installer... THEN after a system reboot Bridge failed to display thumbnail images. The latter was fixed by opening the Adobe CC installer, selecting the "3 dots" menu for Adobe Bridge, selecting other versions & reverting to the previous version of Bridge. After that, and a system reboot, all is back to normal. I'll never allow another update of Bridge or Camera RAW without first verifying in this group that the huge mistake of an "upgrade" isn't repeated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not you and it's not because you're getting older. I absolutely HATE the 12.3 UI. Smashing all the controls into a scrolling tree with two layers of depth, instead of the older tabbed approach, was a decision that should get someone fired from their 'UX User Experience' job.

It's hardly my only complaint with Adobe. Since Creative Cloud everything that comes out of Adobe has been more bloat, more time, less performance, with no feature improvements that I would ever care about. I would install CS6 and never give Adobe another dime if new cameras didn't require new software upgrades for new RAW files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I almost forgot: there is a long standing bug in ACR...which was NOT in CS6...whereby ACR will burn your CPU, GPU, and battery while idle. Just looking at a photo deciding whether or not you like a change leaves your cores and fans pegged at 100%. I've complained about this multiple times to Adobe, and there are threads about it in this and other forums. I even sent Adobe a debugger dump from Apple's Activity Monitor which pretty clearly indicated a timer was firing continually when it should be firing on a delay.

Did Adobe finally fix painful bugs like this with 12.3? Nope. They wasted their time re-arranging the UI into something completely unusable. I might have tired to force myself to live with the new UI if this horrendous performance bug had been fixed because I hate it that much, it feels like Adobe is crypto mining on my Mac. But no go. No improvements, just more problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have asked about and suggested this change multiple times but Adobe never gets back to me and years later it has not changed.  I don't really want to buy any new software but this change to 12.3 might force me to. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"ACR will burn your CPU, GPU, and battery while idle"

Can't replicate on this end. Any chance you're running a Logitech keyboard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy cats! You are right, this stinks, the UI  for ACR was perfect! Adobe should have left good enough alone. Now it looks like a loser friend to Lightroom. I have NEVER like LR's UI. Ever. I don't know who asked for it but how do we get that look back?

Votes

Translate

Translate