• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need a download link to ACR 12.2.1. (Previous Version)

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously, there is a lot of regret in downgrading to 12.3. Currently, the only available older versions start at 11, which isn't very useful for new camera owners.

{Moderator Note: CR-4199540, 4199541, 

Edited issue tags and thread title}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Hi All,

We're sorry for all the trouble after the latest update of Camera Raw. Our engineering team currently working on the fix. In the meanwhile, you can revert to the previous version of Camera Raw 12.2.1: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_x

Thanks,

Mohit 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a link to reinstall the previous version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We're sorry for all the trouble after the latest update of Camera Raw. Our engineering team currently working on the fix. In the meanwhile, you can revert to the previous version of Camera Raw 12.2.1: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_x

Thanks,

Mohit 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. This update is the worst. But thank you for finding a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply downloading and installing the older version did not work for me. Now my raw files don't show thumbnails in Bridge, and the camera raw button is grayed out. I couldn't access ANY version of camera raw after doing this. The instructions on the page you linked do not address anything beyond the basic run the install setup.

What did work was installing the older version of Bridge. Launching that, I had the older version of Camera Raw. I'm not sure if you still have to download the older version using this link, or if simply downloading the older Bridge it packaged old Camera Raw with it. You can download the older version of Bridge using the Creative Cloud app (not sure why camera raw doesn't also have the list of older version on this app, too). Click the three dots and select "other versions."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Joshua! You've bought me some time to keep things moving while I learn the Capture One and Affinity interfaces. I'm over Adobe's tinkering now. Cheers for your excellent advice!

EDIT> It's been nearly a fortnight on Capture One and I won't be turning back. This program is wicked - colour management is awesome - much better than Adobe, and the sharpening is so subtle and powerful. Been using PS for over a decade, so the shift was a wrench, but within a surprisingly short space of time I'm already sold on it, and the frustrations of Bridge, ACR and Photoshop are already fading into the dust behind me. And even better - I have a perpetual license at the cost of a mere two years of Adobe Sub, so I'm saving money too! Feeling liberated! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The UI isn't the problem but the numerous bugs and removal of features ARE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the UI is also a problem, because it is much more complicated now, it was so fine in the version before! I use CR only because it is a very quick tool for professional RAW-development of pics, for me it is absolutely crucial to save time!!! in version 12.2. the UI was good for fast working and doing all well  - now i returned to this much better version and happy again. sorry guys at adobe, please think next time before you change anything...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new version is one big bad joke 😞 Where is settings for sharpening only for previews? Interface, croping the image like in Lightroom (I do not want to use Lightroom, I want to use ACR), ... If something works perfectly, you change it completely - This is not good solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will agree with 100%. This new version is very bad move from Adobe. I'm big fan of Adobe Bridge - ACR - PS setup and I like that it looks and works similar for last decade. I don't like Lightroom... Why Adobe is forcing me to start my workflow looks similar to LR? Did they do any research and asked people what they want? 

They are making lots of money on subscription service... they should provide better support and save us from that sort of "upgrades".

I'm very disappointed with Adobe. Maybe is time to switch to C1 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOT GOOD ENOUGH!! Fixed the bloody problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mohit, can you also provide a link to revert to the previous version of Adobe Bridge?

Thanks in advanced,

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to go to the Adobe Creative Cloud app.
Next to the open button you will see 3 dots
Click on them and then in the menu click on previous versions
Uninstall 10.1 then install 10.0.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!! I really apriciate the help Dark Warrior UK. I revert the software, and now everything is working as it should. I canceled the auto update function. This thing really messed up my workflow which in turn affected my bussiness for a day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to download Camera Raw 12..2.1. Raw files don't show up as thumbnails in Bridge 10.1 anymore, but everything works fine in Bridge 9.1. I can live with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can revert to the previous version of Camera Raw 12.2.1: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_x

Also downgrade Bridge to 10.0.4 and the madness that is biased towards lightroom users has gone and harmony is restored

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Legitimate questions per this latest release: 

• What user testing does Adobe do?  Who's involved, and is there a testing requirements checklist?
  • Does Adobe have software usability guidelines/requirements?
  • Does Adobe have staff fully trained in accessibility/ADA compliance?

This isn't about a changing interface (I can deal with change); this is about having a usable interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like most things today, it probably bypasses the quality control and is rushed out into the shops because the almighty $$$ matters more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seriously needs fixing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mohit Goyal for the downgrade link. I hope that Adobe listens the their loyal customers, and at least give us the option to revert to the V12_2_1 Interface in future updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally disaster  new design, I want the old version permanently, no change.

Lloyd Stevens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enough already! I think Adobe has heard enough complaints. An Adobe employee has indicated in this thread more than once that a fix is in the works. Your voice has been heard. A link has been provided to go back to the previous version. Go back to that version if you want and wait for the fix. At this point, what else can you expect? Really?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have previously said that you like the UI change and obviously it looks like you are trying to limit the complaints about that change. We pay for the software and we have as much right to complain as you have to defend the change

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody like you, Jim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have got that all wrong. I looked at the new Camera Raw, played with it for a while, understand it, and as usual got tired of it. Still prefer Lightroom Classic. I'm not defending Camera Raw. I'm just saying that Adobe has said they are "fixing" it. What that consists of, I don't know. And frankly, I don't care. Something is going to change, and it will be released when it's ready and then the complaints can start again. If you want to keep complaining, I guess that is your right. But it's really rather pointless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines