This conversation has been locked.

Need a download link to ACR 12.2.1. (Previous Version)

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously, there is a lot of regret in downgrading to 12.3. Currently, the only available older versions start at 11, which isn't very useful for new camera owners.

{Moderator Note: CR-4199540, 4199541, 

Edited issue tags and thread title}

Hi All,

We're sorry for all the trouble after the latest update of Camera Raw. Our engineering team currently working on the fix. In the meanwhile, you can revert to the previous version of Camera Raw 12.2.1: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_x

Thanks,

Mohit 

Topics

Bug, Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am perfectly happy using Camera Raw 12.2.1,  but if they don't update camera profiles for it when new cameras are released  then we're screwed.

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The big question, Mohit, is whether or not the engineering team are looking at a way to appease both sets of users so that Photoshop/Bridge users keep their useable interface and Lightroom users can keep new one

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Mohit, is there any option to install both ACR old and new versions till all the "fixes" are done? (on mac, maybe log in from other user or maybe other reasonable "trick"?  

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit,

I would be nice to inform the users, when you fixed the problem. Starting from the Bridge my raw editor stops working and  my Lightroom too. And its really annoying when "Adobe hel" is always "check your hardware, are you Administrator or does your windows 10 work and so on.

Translate

Translate

Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Lightroom isn't working it isn't related to the camera raw plug-in because Lightroom isn't dependent on that plug-in. Camera Raw is only utilized when transferring a raw file from Lightroom to Photoshop to make the necessary conversion. When working with raw files in Lightroom, all of the technology necessary is provided within the Lightroom program itself.

Translate

Translate

Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Lightroom isn't working it isn't related to the camera raw plug-in because Lightroom isn't dependent on that plug-in.

When you ask to Edit in Photoshop, the rendering is called off to ACR. ACR then takes the raw and parametric edits, does a render all 'behind the scenes' and what you see is the rendered image in Photoshop proper. But otherwise indeed, LR does what it does without ACR.

Translate

Translate

Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, you and I have gone the rounds on this one once before as I recall. Camera Raw is used as a bridge to get the image from Lightroom to Photoshop, that's true. But I have read comments from users so many times who think they can update Lightroom by installing the latest Camera Raw. And it just ain't so. Some users just don't understand the relationship between Lightroom, Camera Raw and Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Horrendous...Really is time for an alternative now, had enough of all these updates and constant fixes. Some people have to work and not constantly beware of all the changes and bug fixes it wastes so much of my time.

Translate

Translate