• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need a download link to ACR 12.2.1. (Previous Version)

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously, there is a lot of regret in downgrading to 12.3. Currently, the only available older versions start at 11, which isn't very useful for new camera owners.

{Moderator Note: CR-4199540, 4199541, 

Edited issue tags and thread title}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Hi All,

We're sorry for all the trouble after the latest update of Camera Raw. Our engineering team currently working on the fix. In the meanwhile, you can revert to the previous version of Camera Raw 12.2.1: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_x

Thanks,

Mohit 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't like or use Camera Raw
Why are you making further comments now this post is part of the Camera Raw forum
Are you not just making pointless comments about something you know nothing about

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Aha, I'm not the only one, who doesn't like the latest update.

I really didn't like that interface from Camera Raw 12.3.

I could easely download CR 12.2.1 and install it.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html/a

Does this mean I shouldn't upgrade CR anymore in the futere?

I changed my settings in Adobe's Creative Cloud for it.

Damn Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to reinstall the previous version, I do not want that new update ever and how can I prevent it from updating automatically (only the Camera Raw).

Lloyd Stevens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that when you downgrade to an earlier version auto-update is disabled - that seems to have happened with mine anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no need to change the surface of Camera Raw! Who knows how to update photoshop and bridge, without the nonsense Version of "new" Camera Raw 12.3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't possible to change the surface on Camera Raw 12.3.  You have two choices, deal with it and wait for the update that is supposed to fix it somehow. Or revert to the previous version and wait for the fix. Whether or not that requires reverting to the previous version of Bridge, I don't know. I'm using Camera Raw 12.3. Don't mind it, that's all I will say about it. Here is the link for the previous version of Camera Raw.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_x 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am perfectly happy using Camera Raw 12.2.1,  but if they don't update camera profiles for it when new cameras are released  then we're screwed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The big question, Mohit, is whether or not the engineering team are looking at a way to appease both sets of users so that Photoshop/Bridge users keep their useable interface and Lightroom users can keep new one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Mohit, is there any option to install both ACR old and new versions till all the "fixes" are done? (on mac, maybe log in from other user or maybe other reasonable "trick"?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit,

I would be nice to inform the users, when you fixed the problem. Starting from the Bridge my raw editor stops working and  my Lightroom too. And its really annoying when "Adobe hel" is always "check your hardware, are you Administrator or does your windows 10 work and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Lightroom isn't working it isn't related to the camera raw plug-in because Lightroom isn't dependent on that plug-in. Camera Raw is only utilized when transferring a raw file from Lightroom to Photoshop to make the necessary conversion. When working with raw files in Lightroom, all of the technology necessary is provided within the Lightroom program itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Lightroom isn't working it isn't related to the camera raw plug-in because Lightroom isn't dependent on that plug-in.

When you ask to Edit in Photoshop, the rendering is called off to ACR. ACR then takes the raw and parametric edits, does a render all 'behind the scenes' and what you see is the rendered image in Photoshop proper. But otherwise indeed, LR does what it does without ACR.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, you and I have gone the rounds on this one once before as I recall. Camera Raw is used as a bridge to get the image from Lightroom to Photoshop, that's true. But I have read comments from users so many times who think they can update Lightroom by installing the latest Camera Raw. And it just ain't so. Some users just don't understand the relationship between Lightroom, Camera Raw and Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Horrendous...Really is time for an alternative now, had enough of all these updates and constant fixes. Some people have to work and not constantly beware of all the changes and bug fixes it wastes so much of my time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turned back to ACR 12.2.1 and noticed Bridge doesn't connect to it (actually one time it did and most of times not). So I downgraded Bridge too. One week later I used the Bridge image transfer from SD function and suddenly transfer stopped, the card lost all data (before completing transfer)  and it had to be formatted. The sad thing is that it happened again weeks later with another card the same way. Fortunately there is a nice expensive program that recovered the files before I formatted it. Maybe it is a coincidence or maybe this downgrade did something. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this set: Bridge 10.0.4, Camera RAW 12.2.1, Photoshop 21.2.0. This set is working for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe they are ceding to lightroom users because (I believe) these are the majority. And they want ACR to be similar to Lightroom. Wouldn't be better to exist two different interfaces? Classic watches didn't vanish because people wanted smart watches, why should we loose our traditional Camera Raw after we get used to it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious to what data you have that:

1. Lightroom users are the majority.

2. they (Adobe) are ceding to Lightroom users.

The two products are now visually closer; a good attribute for software users working in both. So no, two different GUIs for two products that share the identical processing paths and controls is not better for many.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thedigitaldog the problem is Adobe making ACR just like LightRoom has made ACR as unusable as LightRoom is to actually edit photos particularly when you have large amounts of photos to edit. Having to edit thousands of photos using ACR12.3 adds an exponential amount of extra time due to all the added clicks scrolls and mousing that is needed. The larger the job the more time is needed 30 60 90 minutes just clicking scrolling and mousing.

As you put it the two products look the same where ACR is now as visually distracting to use as LightRoom with all the scrolling up and down to see the tools. It is completely eye irrating, straining and concetration breaking to the user.

LightRoom users are clueless to all this because they are used to the distracting interface and all the unnecesary mousing clicking and scrolling they perform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accept you can't figure out (clueless about) LR but that's you, not everyone. 

Solutions:

Roll back a version.

Learn and adapt to the new direction.

Find another product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Au contraire mon frère thedigitaldog. I am not clueless at all when it comes to LightRoom. I completely understand every thing about LightRoom. The way inwhich LigthRoom handles editing RAW files is completely inferior to ACR12.2.1. Now ACR is just as inferior, less productive and more time consuming to edit RAW files as LightRoom.

What you are suggesting to "Learn and Adapt to the new direction" is really saying learn to accept the inferior UX and adapt to all the extra clicks mousing and scrolling that is needed to get the same thing done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm suggesting you learn the new way of things that you by admission, don't understand and suggest is inferior. For example, there IS a mode that eliminate scrolling. If you want to learn how, just ask. 

Or don't. Stick with 12.1. Or find another product. Utterly up to you. 

What isn't going to happen, is a reversion to the older UI. Adobe has stated this clearly. The rest is up to you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thedigitaldog where did I make an admission I don't understand? It is not a matter of learning the new way. It isn't even "new" all Adobe has done is turn ACR into LightRoom. As I stated I understand how to use LightRoom. LightRoom has a terrible UI to actually edit RAW files and now ACR has the same terrible UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines