• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Adobe Profiles Disappeared from ACR but Not Lightroom

Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new, Adobe color profiles that worked fine, no longer appear properly in ACR some cases. Any help I can get would be appreciated. The ones above the line are gone, replaced by what look like LR preset conversions, but the ones below the line are still there.

Here are the scenarios:

1) New profiles appear and work great in LR CC Classic

2) Ditto if I open in ACR/ Bridge a DNG that has already been edited in LR, but

3) New profiles, above the line are NOT there now if I either open a RAW file with Bridge or directly in Photoshop CC, even though the ones below the line are. Note: I did download the DNG converter 10.2 at some point between the Adobe Profles working and not working. Deleting it did not change anything.

Here are images (Hmm, Can't upload even small, compressed screen caps, so here is a link to a Google Drive folder. Sorry.):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FSEDWNGE0hxeeOtigimdoD44Mb3yDMco

1) {image SmartObtWrong-2.jpg} ACR 10.4 opening a NEF. Could can see the "Vintage" profiles but ...

2) { BridgeOrigNEF3-2.jpg } Roll down the "Profiles" or "Legacy" groups and the wrong stuff is there, conversions of LR third-party presets

3) {LRRawFine-2.jpg} In Lightroom all is fine. Works great.

4) {Library_ACrProfiles-1.jpg} I don't see new Adobe Color Profiles where I expect them in Library/Adobe. Instead, the VSCO LR presets are there. I didn't move them!

Again, all the combinations used to work: Open RAW via Bridge, open as smart object directly from Photoshop CC, drag onto PS ... until they didn't.

Thanks for any help. I'm hoping to avoid doing a complete uninstall, reinstall of all the Adobe tools since that would be painful and frustrating.  best //  jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

A new version of PS and LR came out, Wednesday, so update to those and see if things work differently.

The main issue is you are using VSCO profiles that you probably need to chat with VSCO about and/or update to their latest versions if they care enough about things to publish updates.  Several people have had issues with VSCO profiles and I haven't heard a clear answer from them if the issue was resolved either by VSCO or by them doing something on their computer like moving profiles around.

Wit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I got not one but two (2) messages saying this post was "accepted" followed by one that it was "rejected". Without any explanation or help in dealing with this. Can someone be helpful, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderator: Can you please explain how to upload a photo? I used the "Insert Image" icon above and got a message "File type not supported", even though it was a small, compressed .JPG, only 138 kb and 600 × 584 pixels. Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A new version of PS and LR came out, Wednesday, so update to those and see if things work differently.

The main issue is you are using VSCO profiles that you probably need to chat with VSCO about and/or update to their latest versions if they care enough about things to publish updates.  Several people have had issues with VSCO profiles and I haven't heard a clear answer from them if the issue was resolved either by VSCO or by them doing something on their computer like moving profiles around.

With LR 7.2 and ACR 10.2 Adobe changed how presets are stored and may have done something with how profiles are loaded so things that were a bit iffy but worked before might not work at all, now.  Since some VSCO profiles are associated with presets the Adobe changes may have messed things up.  I don't have VSCO profiles and their associated presets so cannot answer questions, myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines