• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nikon D5 DNG converter

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using the DNG converter for Nikon D5 raw files. Today I upgraded my Mac OS to 10.12.2 (the latest). I then tried to convert NEF files to DNG, and the conversion says "there is an unexpected end of file", and will not convert. Am I overlooking something? I tried updating to DNG converter 9.8 and still no conversion? DO I have to finally move to CC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

If you are using Nikon Transfer to copy the images from your camera, just skip that step. Open the DNG converter and point it to the folder on the card that contains the images. Then set a destination to a folder on your hard drive. There really isn't any need to use Nikon Transfer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I answered my own question, but maybe this will help others. The adobe software is fine. The problem is that Nikon software is not upgraded to work with Mac OS sierra 10.12.2. Pic files are corrupted by the Nikon software. They are working on a solution. Meanwhile, the trick is to download raw files into Photos. Then export the original files to an outside folder. Then the DNG converter will convert NEF files to DNG and CS6 works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Nikon Transfer to copy the images from your camera, just skip that step. Open the DNG converter and point it to the folder on the card that contains the images. Then set a destination to a folder on your hard drive. There really isn't any need to use Nikon Transfer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That is a better way

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can the converter find the stored pics on the camera, or do you have to use a card reader?

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, the DNG converter should find the images if you connect the camera to your computer. But I have never tried that. I have always use a card reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most cameras have an option in the setup menu, configuring the camera to computer connection either as a local drive or some other format.  Just set it to be a local drive, connect it, find the drive in file explorer or finder, and aim the DNG converter at the appropriate folder.

Richard Southworth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again, so far directly connecting the camera doesn't show the files. I will keep looking. It still works through Photos, and Nikon may get their act together soon.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines