• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nikon D5600 nef files not recognised

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have just bought D5600 and tried to download nef pics into cc6. Won't recognise the files. So tried to update cc6 version  [1014445] on windows 10. Get  a message to down a new version of Adobe application manager. Tried doing that and get error 50. Any ideas please ??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

howardg41887749  wrote

Have just bought D5600 and tried to download nef pics into cc6.

Confused by your version number. There is no CC6.

Assume you mean CS6. But you've posted in a Cloud forum so not sure exactly what you mean.

The D5600 was first supported in Camera Raw 9.8 which is only supported in Cloud versions of Photoshop.

If you've got a Cloud version, update Camera Raw to the current 9.12 and you can import D5600 files.

If you've got CS6 and you're not a Cloud member then you cannot update C

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, CS6 (not cc6) is not part of the Cloud (this forum) unless you installed via a Cloud subscription

Is this about Photoshop?

At some point in the past (I don't know the exact date) Adobe "merged" the original update manager into the Cloud update manager, which means you are no longer using your original update manager

I have read some messages that the latest (Cloud) updater sometimes doesn't work with old programs... Try installing your updates manually

Updates start here and select product, read to see if you need to install updates in number order, or if the updates are cumulative for the individual product http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

If this is about a CS6 program, you may simply have a new file that won't load into your old program... but since I don't have that camera, I'm not sure about that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

howardg41887749  wrote

Have just bought D5600 and tried to download nef pics into cc6.

Confused by your version number. There is no CC6.

Assume you mean CS6. But you've posted in a Cloud forum so not sure exactly what you mean.

The D5600 was first supported in Camera Raw 9.8 which is only supported in Cloud versions of Photoshop.

If you've got a Cloud version, update Camera Raw to the current 9.12 and you can import D5600 files.

If you've got CS6 and you're not a Cloud member then you cannot update Camera Raw past 9.1.1 so you'll never be able to open Raw D5600 files in CS6. In that case you'll have to convert to DNG using the free Adobe DNG converter then convert all your Raw D5600 files to DNG format. You can then edit the DNG files (not the Raw files) in CS6.

Troubleshoot Adobe Camera Raw Compatibility Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also recently picked up a D5600 and a trial of Lightroom CC 2015.8 with camera raw 9.8 which is supposed to be the version that supports this camera, but it still does not work.

In the import dialog, instead of thumbnails, it shows "preview unavailable for this file" and when importing it says "the files cannot be opened by Lightroom".

I've tried both 12 and 14 bit versions to see if that made a difference but it doesn't.

Also, I've downloaded DNG converter 10.0 and it's not able to recognize the NEF files either.

Is there anything else that needs to be done to enable support for this?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, after reading some more posts online and doing some troubleshooting, I was able to figure out my problem.

It seems that NEF files transferred using the older Nikon Transfer software somehow "corrupts" the file so it can't be read by Adobe.

If copying it manually, it works fine.

Also, I downloaded and tried ViewNX2 (which includes Nikon Transfer 2) and that works perfectly fine as well. Pictures transferred using that will show up properly in Lightroom.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines