• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nikon D7200 - compatibility issues with Photoshop Elements 11

Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have just upgraded to a Nikon D7200 - I was aware before buying it that there can be issues with trying to use this camera's raw files with Adobe Camera Raw, especially on older versions of Photoshop Elements - so I downloaded DNG converter. However when I try to use DNG converter it tells me that there are no supported camera NEF's in the source folder, so I assume DNG doesn't support his camera, although I was led to believe it does (I downloaded v8.7)...so this is no help. I gather the D7200 IS compatible with Adobe Camera Raw v9 - however this version of camera raw is NOT compatible with Elements v11. Surely there must be some way around this? I have been perfectly happy with Elements 11 and don't see why I should have to upgrade just so I can continue shooting raw...any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Hi Mark ,

DNG Converter is pretty old dating from 2014. I think you need a minimum of version 9 for your camera, but the latest version is v9.8

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark ,

DNG Converter is pretty old dating from 2014. I think you need a minimum of version 9 for your camera, but the latest version is v9.8

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well done Terri, I had the same problem with the D7200 now I'm stunned at the picture detail I can control in Photoshop. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it helped Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using the DNG converter, choose the folder in the DNG converter browser. But don't open the folder. Just choose the FOLDER. The DNG converter works at the folder level. What I normally do when I use the DNG converter is point it to the folder on my SD card that contains images and then set the destination to a folder on my computer. There is nothing magical or mystical about the raw files from the D7200. You just need the latest DNG converter and then use it properly. A lot of new users get confused and try to open the folder containing the raw images. And that's when they get the message that you are getting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However when I try to use DNG converter it tells me that there are no supported camera NEF's in the source folder, so I assume DNG doesn't support his camera, although I was led to believe it does (I downloaded v8.7)

For the record, the D7200 has been supported since Camera Raw 9.0 / DNG converter version 9.0. Current version is 9.8.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw​

DNG 8.7 would not recognise the D7200 file format, hence the message you are getting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines