• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nikon NEF (raw) photos from D5600 will not download into Lightroom...

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikon NEF files will not download into Lightroom...been working for years, however, I have a new D5600 camera (I read of problems with these two). A new Mac Pro. And new Adobe software...changed from CS5 to new CC...

Problem: just spent two weeks in the Beauteus Pacific Northwest and now have 1,553 Raw files that I cannot open. I have been using Lightroom from v1.0 and have just shy of 100K images leading up to last month's trip. I am very good at this, but the things I have tried (downloading into Lightroom and Bridge were met with messages telling me that the new files are not to be read).

So  here I sit, looking at my new Mac, trying to figure out new software, and remembering the afternoon light on San Juan Island and how it brings up the lush greens and colors of the spring vegetation. Anyone have any knowledge on how to solve this?

Thank you

joe holly

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If possible, please post a link to some NEF files that are not opening/importing and we can investigate. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MacHolly,

As I read your message, you state that downloading with Bridge was also unsuccessful. I'm assuming you are using the Photo Downloader. Can you please describe exactly what you are doing to download the images from the card or camera.

Have you tried to manually drag the images from the card or camera to your desktop? If so, what happened.

How many cards are you dealing with here?

Let us know,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please state the exact version numbers of your installed copies of Lightroom, Photoshop and Camera Raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are there any error messages? What process did you use to download the images from the camera? Any chance that you use a Nikon utility as part of the download process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines