Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nikon P1000 Shooting in RAW

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I appreciate its very early with the Nikon P1000 being released a short time ago but CC does not yet recognise the RAW files created in this camera. I got mine yesterday and spent several hours taking photos using only RAW.

I downloaded them to my computer, switched to Adobe CC and was left with a message that these RAW files are not recognised.

How long will it be before they are.

Regards

Gerry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Here is a link to a discussion about a Sony camera. It's about three months old now. But at the time there wasn't support (in Lightroom OR Camera Raw) for that camera model because it was brand-new. Substitute your model for the Sony model and read the entire thread, then hopefully you will understand why there isn't support right now, and what you might expect as far as when the support will be added. I am guessing that support is "probably" 4-6 weeks away.

Re: Sony RX100 VI raw file support?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to know. 

The only option you have to process the RAW files now is with Nikon Capture NXD, which does support the RAW file.  Nikon Capture NXD is a free download. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Capture NXD but working in Adobe CC is so much better. I hope Nikon and Adobe do not drag their heels in getting this sorted. Thanks for your reply.

Regards

Gerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to a discussion about a Sony camera. It's about three months old now. But at the time there wasn't support (in Lightroom OR Camera Raw) for that camera model because it was brand-new. Substitute your model for the Sony model and read the entire thread, then hopefully you will understand why there isn't support right now, and what you might expect as far as when the support will be added. I am guessing that support is "probably" 4-6 weeks away.

Re: Sony RX100 VI raw file support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim. Very much appreciated.

Gerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. I know it isn't what you want to hear, but unfortunately that is the reality when dealing with new technology.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines