• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nikon Z lens profiles need to be able to be turned off,

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being incapable of controlling whether lens profiles is a problem for a professional. I recently bought a Voightlander 65mm APO lanthar, a truly superb lens, it has virtually zero distortion. I am using it with the techart Sony E to Nikon Z adapter. The adapter works well enough and the appearance of the image on the viewing screen and viewfinder seems normal, that is there is no distortion.
However when imprting either the jpg or RAW file into PS the image comes out with enormous pin cushion distortion vertically. Clearly this is a "correction" imposed by PS as there are no settings on the camera that are being enacted, and again the appearance in the viewfinders is perfect.
ACR does have a profile for this lens, but selecting it or selecting NO profiles does not change the imposed distortion. Imposing a distortion control on a file has the effect of stretching and distorting pixels. That causes a loss of resolution. If I have to use a distortion control to undistort that imposed distortion I am then stretching pixels already stretched even more. It is causing a completely unnecessary loss of resolution and image quality. Can you PLEASE allow us to choose whether we want lens profiles to be applied? Maybe separate CA correction from distortion correction.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this is primarily a user to user forum, your suggestion might better be made on the forum where the developers monitor more closely. There is a link on the main screen of this forum where all the discussions are listed.

Annotation 2019-11-13 085258.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines