• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to open DNG Converter 10_2 after install

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still working with Lightroom 6  (not CC)

Camera Raw is not supporting RAF RAW files from my new Fujifilm camera and should use DNG converter to ceonvert the RAW files to DNG first.

After installing DNG converter on my desktop (Windows 10) it all seems to look fine. When I double click on the icon or exe in /programfiles/adobe/DNG converter  not much seems to happen.

I also installed the DNG converter on a laptop and there it opens the application nicely and I'm able to do the conversion succesfully.

But that's not where my Lightroom resides.. ;(

Deinstallation seems not to be possible...   I don't see an uninstaller nor DNG Converter seems to be registered in Windows as an installed program.

Any idea what's goining on or how to get this working on my desktop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

If you have this problem please try installing Microsoft's Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015

Available for download at this URL:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Thank you,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Adobe Camera Raw​ community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running DNG converter 10.2 on Windows 10. I haven't found any problems doing so. It's a HP Pavilion desktop. You might try running the DNG converter installer again. There isn't an uninstaller for the converter. If you want to remove it, just delete the executable file. That will just leave all of the updated profiles in place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying!

It is working aswell on another (business) Win10 laptop I have.  I did reinstall it using the installer a few times but that didn't make any difference. Same issue.

It looks like the exe is starting after a double click but then after less than 1sec. it ends in doing nothing.

I don't expect it's in the converter exe. Probably conflicting with something else but have not a single idea what that might be or how to find out. There is no error, nothing..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hm. I do have an exception error in the eventlog I just discovered. It doesn't make much sense to me though..

Adobe DNG Converter.exe, versie: 10.2.0.894, tijdstempel: 0x5a69a179

KERNELBASE.dll, versie: 10.0.16299.248, tijdstempel: 0x4414ec23

Uitzonderingscode: 0xc06d007e

Foutmarge: 0x0000000000014008

Id van proces met fout: 0x27c8

Starttijd van toepassing met fout: 0x01d3b62fb54cfffe

Application error: 1000

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The full eventlog error is

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-03-07T16:16:30.143654300Z" />

<EventRecordID>5878</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>PCFRED</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>Adobe DNG Converter.exe</Data>

<Data>10.2.0.894</Data>

<Data>5a69a179</Data>

<Data>KERNELBASE.dll</Data>

<Data>10.0.16299.248</Data>

<Data>4414ec23</Data>

<Data>c06d007e</Data>

<Data>0000000000014008</Data>

<Data>2ac4</Data>

<Data>01d3b62fa6ad131e</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe DNG Converter\Adobe DNG Converter.exe</Data>

<Data>C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll</Data>

<Data>5e3cc12d-7f1e-45f5-b505-bde69de814d8</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem resides in the 10.2 version!

I installed the latest 5 versions. Only 10.2 has the problem. 10.1 works fine also.

It appears that 10.2 is the first 64bit DNG converter version. All prior versions are 32bit.

So it appears really to be a release problem! The eventlog error also points in this direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows 10 Home Premium. I'm converting Nikon D7100 NEF files, and haven't encountered that error. Would you care to share one of your raw files to let me try and see what happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem but the issue for me is that the converter is not launching at all. I'm convinced as soon the GUI is on screen everything will work perfecty regarding to the type of RAW file (as long it is supported in the converter version of course)

I found more people having the problem. Some do and some don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, I don't have any answers. I'm just a user like yourself. You might consider posting your question on this other forum where the developers monitor more closely. You might get a better answer there.

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of windows 10 are you running?

Press the Windows Logo key + R

In the run dialog type winver  and that will tell you the version of windows 10 you have.

Camera Raw and DNG: DNG converter 10.2 installs but fails to open | Photoshop Family Customer Commun...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jeff

Windows 10 16299.251    

last updates applied.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm, as I can remember my windows is updated from win7 to win10 when win10 just got available...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did a complete clean reinstall  version 1709  build 16299.251  

still not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry about the inconvenience caused. As JeffArola has mentioned, we are aware of this problem and our Engineering team is working on this issue. Please add your vote by clicking the "me-too" option here: Camera Raw and DNG: DNG converter 10.2 installs but fails to open | Photoshop Family Customer Commun... ​

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have this problem please try installing Microsoft's Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015

Available for download at this URL:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Thank you,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a fresh install of windows 10 it was still not working. (no other apps installed yet)

Next I installed all my other software again and after that the converter appeared to work fine!

I checked the installed components on my machine and saw this c++ redistributable was also installed. I expect it came with the installation of Davinci Resolve.

Bottom line the converter is working now and there is a big chance it was because of this C++ distrib.

Thanks a lot!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem than fredv and I've just installed Microsoft's Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 as someone said above and seems that I can open DNG CONVERTER now!

Thanks a lot!

Rocio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This problem should also be corrected with the just-released DNG Converter 10.3.  For Windows, this download is available here:

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 10.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines