• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Olympus lens profiles in Lightroom?

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody knows why there are no lens profiles for Olympus lenses in Lightroom? Olypmus camera profiles are all available, but no lens which does not seem to make much sense. Isn't there enough "pull" from photographers? I guess quite a lot of people use Olympus lenses togetehr with the bodies... To create own lens profiles is quite time consuming and not so easy to do.

I would like to know whether I can still have hope that some day this will be provided...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

To see the message Jim shows, (1) switch to the lens corrections tab, (2) UNCHECK the Enable Profile Corrections, (3) click the circle-i at next to the built-in-profile message at the bottom.

You might wonder why, if the profiles are built-in, there is still an Enable Profile Corrections selection, which if enabled hides the message about their being a built-in profile.  For a traditional DSLR, there are no built-in profiles, so that checkbox is needed for every photo, and even for a camera with

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use an Olympus camera. That I downloaded a sample raw image and loaded it into Camera Raw. It has a built-in profile, and here is the message that Camera Raw displays:

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To see the message Jim shows, (1) switch to the lens corrections tab, (2) UNCHECK the Enable Profile Corrections, (3) click the circle-i at next to the built-in-profile message at the bottom.

You might wonder why, if the profiles are built-in, there is still an Enable Profile Corrections selection, which if enabled hides the message about their being a built-in profile.  For a traditional DSLR, there are no built-in profiles, so that checkbox is needed for every photo, and even for a camera with a built-in profile, there is a lens-profile-creator app anyone with sufficient technical abilities can use to create their own lens profile that might have slightly different corrections than the built-in profile supplied by the camera manufacturer and implemented by Adobe.  Without that checkbox people could not use their own profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A further reason for enabling user selection of an Adobe lens profile, is that an unsupported lens may have been used: a third-party, and/or legacy lens that the camera bodydoes not know about, or where a lens is mounted via a mount adaptor that does not communicate any details of the lens to the camera body. So the camera body has not got any lens correction details, to embed into the Raw file. And an Adobe lens profile (lcp) can be made and then applied on that basis, the same as for other cameras brands that do not offer built-in lens correction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Olympus OMD EM1 Mkii camera with Lumix 8mm wide angle lens.  When I go to the Lens Correction tab as you've noted here it tells me that the profile has been applied automatically.....for chromatic aberration.  My real issue (above water) is that the lens is high distortion.  The lens correction appears to do nothing for this.  When I try to find my camera and lens combo in the Make/Model/Profile neither the camera nor the lens appear.  I found articles on how to create my own source file for this but it doesn't seem like that uncommon of a manufacturer that I should need to write code for it.  Does anyone have a suggestion for distortion fix for this specific camera and fisheye lens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have raised a new issue in a thread that has been marked as answered so it has not attracted very much attention. It would have been better if you had created a new thread with your question.

I use an Olympus OM-D E-M1, and use several m4/3 lenses from Olympus and one from Panasonic, by design they are all produced with the necessity to have specific lens corrections applied, the lens correction profile is embedded in the RAW file header and are applied by LrC automatically at import. In the Lens Corrections section of the Develop Module you will see an indication that says "Built-in lens profile applied", if you click on the i (info) you will see a pop up with additional info. See the screen capture below. Adobe has not built any additional profile for Olympus and Panasonic Lenses. If you wish to make manual adjustments then you need to create a profile or use the manual adjustments available in LrC.

Just one other comment, the Panasonic 8mm lens is designed as a "Fish Eye Lens" and the image view will inherently be in the design of the lens. To wit, it does not display the image the way the "Human Eye" would perceive the image. What you see when viewing the image at capture, through the Lens in the camera viewfinder, is what you should get.

Screenshot 2020-08-20 at 10.44.34 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines