Opened files appear corrupted

Hi.

I'm quite new to this, haven't used this forum before and am not very technically minded so apologies if I've posted this in the wrong place.

I'm using CC and didn't have any problems until last week and I'm not aware that anything has changed / been updated on the software I'm using.

When I open a file in Adobe Raw (10.3) the image appears as being corrupted (it appears as rows of parallel diagonal lines). If I click "open image" the distorted photograph appears as normal in Photoshop. This is happening with raw files taken on my Canon 5D mkiii and Olympus EM1 mkii.

I have tried re installing Camera RAW.

The Camera Raw CC app says it is up to date but appears greyed out in Adobe Creative Cloud.

Any ideas / can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Bryan

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Opened files appear corrupted

Hi.

I'm quite new to this, haven't used this forum before and am not very technically minded so apologies if I've posted this in the wrong place.

I'm using CC and didn't have any problems until last week and I'm not aware that anything has changed / been updated on the software I'm using.

When I open a file in Adobe Raw (10.3) the image appears as being corrupted (it appears as rows of parallel diagonal lines). If I click "open image" the distorted photograph appears as normal in Photoshop. This is happening with raw files taken on my Canon 5D mkiii and Olympus EM1 mkii.

I have tried re installing Camera RAW.

The Camera Raw CC app says it is up to date but appears greyed out in Adobe Creative Cloud.

Any ideas / can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Bryan

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More
Correct Answer by Per Berntsen
Adobe Community Professional
| Adobe Community Professional

Try disabling the GPU.

In the Camera Raw window, press Ctrl + K (Windows) or Cmd + K (Mac) to bring up preferences.

Uncheck Use graphics processor at the bottom and click OK.

3 Replies

Re: Opened files appear corrupted

Try disabling the GPU.

In the Camera Raw window, press Ctrl + K (Windows) or Cmd + K (Mac) to bring up preferences.

Uncheck Use graphics processor at the bottom and click OK.

View all replies

1 Like

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Thank you both, that has worked. I think the problem started after the latest Windows update.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Adobe Community Professional, Jun 04, 2018

That's probably because you got a buggy video card driver bundled with the Windows Update.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines