• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening multiple files in camera raw

Enthusiast ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated. I used to be able to select multiple files in Bridge and open them all at the same time in Camera Raw. All of the files would be displayed on the left side in the Camera Raw window. After updating I can only open one file at a time in Camera Raw.

Is there a setting somewhere to change this so that I can open multiple files in Camera Raw? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you trying to open them? I just went into Bridge, selected 10 images (.dng files), right clicked and said Open. They all opened up in ACR with them all down the left side. What are you doing differently? Also, what operating system are you using? Which updated version of Bridge/Photoshop/Camera Raw?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the steps exactly what you did, except that instead of selecting dng files I'm selecting nef files.

Using Windows 7. I usually select several images and hit Enter to open them. I just noticed that if I right click on the selected images, the first command in the list is Open. The second command is Open in Camera Raw. If I choose Open in Camera Raw then all the images open in Camera Raw and they are in a column on the left just the way I want them to. If I choose Open, they open one at a time in Camera Raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an FYI, continued support of Windows 7 for Photoshop ended in 2015. It still seems to be working, but there is no guarantee you will continue to have a working photoshop if you stick with Windows 7. Any more updates and it could cease to function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jay,

I'm working on a Mac (High Sierra) so this is an apples and pears kind of analogy but if I select multiple images in Bridge and double-click one, all open in ACR. If I right-click and select "Open," all open in ACR. If I right-click and select "Open in ACR," all open in ACR.

These were done with NEF images but the same thing happens with CR2 (Canon) or DNG images as well.

I am going to assume that things should be pretty much the same in the Windows world but as Daniel pointed out, your system is no longer supported by Adobe so your milage may vary. If anything, be thankful things have run as long as they have so far. You might be soon facing "the time!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines