• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pano Creation Issue

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Encountered this problem when I rendered panorama in Camera RAW. Same issue in LR. Made edits to several photos. When I created panorama, the edits disappeared. Worse, I apparently lost the RAW tonal range, because I was not able to duplicate edits in the individual pictures with a global edit in the pano. This is a new problem. Didn't seem to experience it previously. Only solution was to open files in PS, then merge the corrected files into a panorama after saving as psd files. See attachment.

Camera RAW Pano Issue copy.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Bridge]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this is normal behavior. Camera Raw/LR will cancel corrections, so that it can match the images to each other. Once the pano is created, it should be a dng, and then you can make your corrections in ACR on that. You just want to do camera lens correction and defringing.

Moving to Camera Raw forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My experience has been that it's best to create a panorama first and then perform all the editing on the DNG that results from the creation of the panorama.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the two replies. I suspected that Bridge and LR stripped out my edits when I chose the panorama setting. Appreciate that you could ratify that I wasn't imagining that behavior. But I was always able to recreate the edits in the rendered panorama. In this case, I was not. Perhaps the attached screenshots with some context can clarify. The first shows the range of correction I was able to acheive with individual edits on each segment of the pano. Note the detail I was able to recover in the highlight area by moving the slider all the way to the left.

The second screenshot (using the original frames without any settings applied) shows the rendered panorama with the highlight slider moved, again, all the way to the left. I barely has any effect. So I could not duplicate the range of correction with a global edit to the panorama as I was able to acheive with edits to the individual photo segments of the pano. In this case, it appears that the tonal range of the combined images was drastically reduced.

The third screenshot shows the result of opening the individual, edited photos in PS, then rendering the pano. I looks like, in this case, that was only way to retain the highlight detail, which wasn't possible in ACR or LR. It would be nice if this particular image could have been done entirely in CR. But I guess in this case, with this particular set of photos, it's probably not possible.

Wildfire_Pre-Render_Corrections.jpg

Wildfire_No_Pre-Render_Correction.jpg

Wildfire_Pano Created_in_PS_fm_Indiv_Files.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines