• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview Button!!!!

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2014 Apr 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am incredibly upset about the removal of the preview button in Camera Raw. It has completely interrupted my workflow. I don't mind the ADDITION of new features for those who make take advantage of them, but the REMOVAL of perfectly good features that many of us are used to using is asinine and if you can't tell I am rather upset about it. Please for the sake of god bring it back.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 181 Replies 181
Engaged ,
May 20, 2014 May 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well said. Thanks for your contribution, Hanahoe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2014 May 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hanahoe wrote:

Notwithstanding Jeff Schewe's comments…

Which comments?  Where? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2014 May 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

station_two wrote:

Which comments?  Where? 

Within this thread (Re: Preview Button!!!), Jeff Schewe contributed a significant number of messages, starting with message #5 through to message #68.

Thom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you actually believe that any of those comments by Mr. Schewe represent the view that, as you imply, he would think that there are "commercial reason to believe that the company would ignore the considered and reasoned views of its customers"?

That's the part of your post that startled me. Jeff Schewe has always had remarkable faith in Adobe and expresses himself very confident in the future success of ADobe's policies.

Hanohoe wrote:

Notwithstanding Jeff Schewe's comments, as far as I can see there is no commercial reason to believe that the company would ignore the considered and reasoned views of its customers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the impression that you do not read too much .... You have to read the whole topic before saying certain things about what others have said.

I think the answers 24, 26 , 27, 34 and 60 of Jeff Schewe , are sufficiently explicit.

So do not give him more around the bush , the preview button panel is gone and things are as they are .....

If the Adobe engineers have clearly prefer this way of doing things , we can do little about it.

But yeah, I feel good that users protest , if only that, the action of kicking .
I doubt that's going to result in that Adobe would think a little better and back in his obstinacy that ACR should remain as it is, but good is that users do let them know that we do not agree,
however much they think them, and only them, are those who know how to do things and others protested because we simply have no idea and do bad things.

Perhaps by insisting they would just think a little better ......

So you know, from now on , there will be more and better to use Ctrl Z. ..... Nor is so serious ....

I beg your pardon my poor English

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this reply from someone I know who works at Adobe. He said:

"I did find this post which discusses some thinking on the change and a way to get per panel previews, not just the 'all or nothing' that you explain below.

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2014/04/the-new-preview-feature-in-camera-raw.html

I do believe the team is currently investigating more changes as well; I don't think the hue and cry is falling on deaf ears."

I tried the suggestion and it does work but, honestly, it is complicated. So now, instead of simply hitting the preview box to toggle back and forth whereever you are,  you need to remember to do alt/p to set the original, then do the work, then hit p to see the 'before.' Then in the next panel, again, you need to do alt/p to save what you did in that panel, then p will take you back and forth.

On the other hand ctl-z does all of this w/o the dance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's pretty much what I found. You have to be careful in using the setup toggles in that you don't inadvertently hit the copy current settings while intending to use the before/after. If you are trying to run a process with some degree of tractability, you then are totally screwed. Especially if you don't realize what happened, precisely.

Which all well and good...if your interest is software, or maybe generating a better UI. But as a user wanting consistent, specific results, the single toggle/panel is the gold standard while allowing the more complex version to be implemented concurrently. That is, at any time in the procedure, you can always investigate possibilities before committing to placing it in the unfolding operation.

BTW, I see that misspelled words are now underlined as we type.

Welcome to the 21st Century, Jive. Only 14 years late!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent basically this same info to my contact at Adobe. Not that I think it will make much difference. They seem to thing having to make multiple keystrokes and memorize what you have done is a simpler method. I still don't get what we receive in turn...beyond a split before after screen. And that, for me, simply isn't worth the extra hassle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They probably shrugged it off as multi-tasking, which, BTW, has been discredited as a human capability.

We are single-threaded!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all!

Please check out the ACR release candidate, available today:

Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw 8.5 CC Release Candidate | digital camera raw file support - Adobe Labs

From the release notes:

• Added new Per-Panel Preview default toggle
    • If the current panel's settings are not the ACR defaults, clicking the new Per-panel Toggle Button will reset the panel to the ACR defaults.
    • Clicking the button again will restore the previous settings.
    • This is a standalone feature, separate from the new Preview controls
    • The changes are applied to the main view; if you have both the Before and After panes visible, changes will appear in the After pane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the per-panel preview default. It makes much more sense now, IMHO.

But what has really surprised me is the new graduated/radial filter brush - AMAZING!! I can't wait to see it in LR 5.5 (because it WILL be in LR 5.5, I hope!!).

THANKS again for your great work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sigh!

Thank you, thank you Max! I did a quick check after the D/L and it works fine.

I hope this takes the swagger out of a certain party we all know and love!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some key differences between the new per-panel defaults toggle and the old Preview checkbox:

• The new per-panel defaults toggle actually changes your settings: you see your sliders move to reflect the actual settings that are applied.
  • Put another way, this isn't really a "Preview" like before: your sliders show you the current values used to render the image... what you see is what you get.
  • Because of this, there is no longer the potential for confusion from clicking Done or Open with old Preview checkbox turned off, resulting in an image that didn't look like what you were seeing in ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It gave me what I was looking for, at any rate.

But! I opened PS opened a .psd, hit Ctr-P and got the message "Photoshop has Stopped Working...

From Events:

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 14.2.1.570, time stamp: 0x52f4a9f2

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18247, time stamp: 0x521eaf24

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x00000000000c4102

Faulting process id: 0x183c

Faulting application start time: 0x01cf7f7eb0aaab60

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 2ec3a9be-eb76-11e3-9613-002618e82977

I don't think it's the new update, but because this is all that changed in my system, and the update is RC, I thought to post it here.

I did a restore point, but no to avail.

I'll try  Backup Restore and see what happens.

Win 7 64 bit.

Again, thanks Max.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2014 Jun 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of questions...is this release of 8.5 a beta version?  And what I've read here confuses me.  It sounds like the toggle takes you back to default in individual panes but that was the problem before.  What is needed is a way to step back only what you did in that pane. I'm on my phone here because I don't have internet access and thus can't download the update to try it for myself

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a fourth button that restores to defaults for the individual pane only. If you want to step between successive adjustments in that pane, Ctrl-Z is available.

I'm up early trying to battle the PSCC crash upon going to print! I really need to be able to step back to 8.4. I downloaded it but it refuses to install. Unless I can do that, I cannot be sure 8.5 isn't to blame, despite the notion that ACR isn't running PSCC.

Or is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if acr 8.5 is to blame for the print issue (sounds weird since, as you say, ACR is not running PSCC, but who knows). But I wanted to remind that since the latest CC update, we can also download an older version like CS6 from the CC application. Of course it might be overkill to download CS6 just for printing out something, but if this is an urgent matter and you are desperate to find a solution, you might want to give it a try as a last resort (if new CC features are used in the document, save a flattened copy first just in case). Again, you probably knew that, but... just in case.

---

As for Jeff's swagger... come on people, don't be mean - let's be honest, he's earnt his right to swagger all he wants! Even if I did not agree with some of the things he said, I still highly appreciate that Jeff Schewe himself takes time to share his thoughts and knowledge here. In fact, without his interest in discussing the issue, maybe the engineers wouldn't have looked so much into this issue.

So thanks to you too, Jeff. In fact, thanks everybody - because it's not the new checkbox that really makes me happy the most, but the feeling that there is sensible people listening to us at Adobe, the idea that, while not everybody will be satisfied always, still there's a dialogue, a chance to be heard. You know what, maybe it's not really Jeff who should be explaning himself, but other people that, on different web sites, were quick to state that the preview checkbox removal was a clear sign that Adobe doesn't give a damn about the users, blah blah blah (and then of course, one things leads to another and we're in for yet another "anti-cc model" speech).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I am not desperate to print at the moment. It just is weird that this particular crash in PSCC should show up just after updating ACR. Now, I don't know for a fact that the timing is correct because I don't know if the crash would have happened before actually upgrading, that is, an immediate before/after test. To check that, I need 8.4, and even that may not tell the story.

My annoyance with Jeff goes back to the "ship has sailed" comment way back. In fact, it has been corrected. The lack of respect simply because he perceives us to be "little people" not worthy of consideration, which is rather implicit in his comments, is way over the top. If that is so, none of us need to offer our expertise because it probably won't measure up.

Besides, I didn't actually name him in my post, simply stating a certain party, and with a smiley.

As it is said, "if the shoe fits.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is different from before how? That's exactly what was happening before. If, for instance, you corrected a dark area that was also noisy, then went to the details pane and corrected for the noise but wanted to see a before/after of ONLY the noise action, you were instead, taken back to the default which in the case of this image I'm talking about, was now too dark to tell. Leaving me the ctl-z option. Thankfully there's that. But please tell me how this latest change is any different from the way it worked before. Sadly, there's a new camera out I want and I will be forced to update sooner than I expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doing the step as you described, using the new button on the Details pane resets only that pane to default for that pane. However, if you have sharpening set to a value other than default, it also resets to default (which for me, is zero for everything. So, if I want to see say the noise change, I have to use Ctrl -Z.

On another item, I uninstalled PSCC and re-installed it but it came back with 8.5 and not 8.4. The crash still happens.

Max, can you verify as to the possibility that 8.5 might corrupt PSCC?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if I install the present advanced version would I then install the final version when it comes out and would that create some sort of conflict. That used to happen with beta versions in the past, I've been told me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know that as well.

I just did a complete recovery using System Image and I am back to 8.4.1.200. No more crashes. I am thinking of re-installing 8.5, but if there are conflicts with the final version, I probably should wait as well.

Max?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I couldn't wait!

8.5 is installed and now running with no PSCC crashes.

I hate riddles! I think it would do very well to be able to roll back at the first sign of trouble. Would have saved me at least 8 hrs. Of course, I could have simply done the System Image last night once restore didn't work but hey! That would be too easy!

The OS today isn't what it was last night since I rolled back to 06-01-2014 and whatever existed between then and now changed with the System Image install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good grief!  No. 

When the final (GM, or Gold Master) version is released, the Adobe Auto Updater (Help menu > Updates) will install it for you when you ask—not behind your back,.

Where do get these superstitious, quasi-religious fears about a Release Candidate, ycardozo? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I didn't say anything about something happening behind one's back but in much earlier years I had a friend install a beta version of photoshop and when the full version came out he had problems. The final didn't install over the beta. He had to uninstall the beta first and it did not go well. This was many years ago but I've been wary of betas since

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines