• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview Button!!!!

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2014 Apr 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am incredibly upset about the removal of the preview button in Camera Raw. It has completely interrupted my workflow. I don't mind the ADDITION of new features for those who make take advantage of them, but the REMOVAL of perfectly good features that many of us are used to using is asinine and if you can't tell I am rather upset about it. Please for the sake of god bring it back.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 181 Replies 181
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2014 Jun 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using computers in the course of my work since the mid 1960s, The Mac for over 29 years, Photoshop seriously for some 11 years and I've never had a problem with an Adobe RC.

Plain betas are a different animal from a Release Candidate.  Never install one unless you know exactly what you are doing and you're being paid to test said beta.

Simple rule: if you have to ask, don't go anywhere near it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and no. I did significant testing when the i7 processor and chipset appeared (Nehalem), doing validation on an overclocking utility. We were very close to release of this utility but before we did, Win 7 RC showed up. I had to push regression and validation testing to accommodate it and in no way would we have released the utility on just the RC.

The sigh of relief in the release meeting was palpable when I sat down with the results of the final version of Win 7.

I don't think it's that much different for Adobe, albeit PS is not an OS!

I am still struggling with the infernal crash of PSCC using print command. It came back for a third time. It may be a keyboard problem because using the mouse to invoke printing worked. BUT, as soon as it did, then the keyboard worked too! With 8.4.1.200 installed. I haven't upgraded this time to 8.5. I may tomorrow. I am now suspicious of the SSD except only print command causes the failure.

Ježiš a Mária svätá sviatosť!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Larry, remember that the Adobe Camera Team is a pretty independent one, led by the creator of ACR and of Photoshop itself.  It would never occur to me to equate the ACR team with either Adobe itself or with Microsoft.

In any event I'm not "pushing" the 8.5 RC release in any way.  I don't even need it myself, as I'm on CS6, not CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I know and agree. But nonetheless, I tread on the cautionary side.

What is it? Measure twice, cut once.

What! Only twice?

Off to bed. Been up since 4:30 AM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2014 Jun 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hudechrome wrote:

…nonetheless, I tread on the cautionary side“

Always a wise choice, Larry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing it was a beta version my friend downloaded. I didn't know there was such a thing as a release candidate until this discussion string...which is why these forums are so helpful.  I agree entirely,  if one is not sure,  don't do it. And is also why I try things out on one of my laptops before installing on the main desktop.  Thks for the advice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming PC:

Do a Backup using a Backup utility like Windows Backup. Make a System Repair disk, just in case your OS self-immolates. Make sure your utility is set to manual. Now install the upgrade. Run your test as long as you wish. When you are satisfied, reset the Backup for whatever interval you want and carry on! If it is carrion, simply Restore from your backup and you are good to go.

Mac should have an equal (and probably simpler) way to do this as well.

If any problems arise, they will likely do so pretty quickly so your test period needn't be too long. It's a good idea in any case even if you aren't having a technical problem but you just don't like the upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typically, RC updates of ACR don't last more than 6 weeks, or substantially less, before being replaced by the final version, which often is identical to the RC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This RC does have a flaw: The Ctrl-Alt-P doesn't work, at least on my computer. A mouse click on the icon works, but not the hot key. Interesting because Ctrl-P in Photoshop brings up printing and is the failure I was noticing. But for now, it seems to be fixed. Had I noticed the flaw in ACR, I would have checked the PS  Print Command in File>Print to see if that also caused the crash.

It isn't the keyboard either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hudechrome wrote:

…The Ctrl-Alt-P doesn't work, at least on my computer…

Not clear what that shortcut is supposed to do or where it can be executed.  As a Mac user and staunch avoider of shortcuts whenever possible, I would appreciate some enlightenment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have ACR 8.5 on CS6? There are the tree new buttons of which we wrote extensively. Max and company added a fourth as we asked. The hot key is Ctrl (Cmd?) +Alt(Option?)+P. Not having used Mac too much, I don't have it memorized.

It's moot if CS6 doesn't have it. I posted it anyway because Max should be aware of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does that shortcut do? Meanwhile finally got internet connected again and promptly lost it because of nasty storm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 06, 2014 Jun 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shortcut is the new hot key for the individual panels. Shortcut isn't quite right as a term, think hot key.

Let me know what you think!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Larry, 8.5RC for CS6perpetual only gives us support for new cameras and any bug fixes, but not a single added feature—none of the new features available to ACR 8.5 users.  No new buttons, no new shortcuts.

I'm still in the dark as to the shortcut mentioned.  Obviously, it does zilch on my machines here.  That's why I asked.  😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which is why I bit the bullet and subscribed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I'm very glad I did NOT subscribe!  Very happy not dealing with having to learn new features.  The whole package has been bloated bloated for a very long time,

I find myself having to go back to CS4 more than once a day.

I was just curious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say ctl-alt-p is a hot key for individual panels. I am still stuck visiting w/no access to internet.  So what exactly does it do....take you to the next panel or what. Until I can get back to the 21st century I can't download to try any of this. I'm just curious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All it does is return that panel only to default. Think on/off switch for, say, Details, where off is default. Which is what we were after, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hudechrome said: 'All it does is return that panel only to default. Think on/off switch for, say, Details, where off is default. Which is what we were after, correct?'

dark image where you can't see anything. I am still temporarily living in 1990 w/o functioning internet (and, no, can't get to starbucks)  so I can't download the RC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I give up. I've tried to make a coherent reply now five times and the internet I'm on is barely alive (well, really not alive at all) so I keep losing my message before I can hit reply. I'll try to ask it when I get back to the real world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2014 Jun 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At some point, a while ago, someone posted instructions on how to set up the new ACR format. It involved clicking on ... something and choosing settings. I've looked and looked and can't find it. I think it was on this forum. Can whoever did that post it again? Thanks.

I seem to have a halfway decent signal today but it will be easier to address the rest of what I was trying to say yesterday if I wait till I can get back to either a decent wifi signal or my office.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2014 Jun 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found it. It was 'stevestrike1,' message #90. It involves clicking opening a panel preferences tool but that mainly lets you set how the before/after panels show up (split/side by side/etc) and a few other things. It does nothing for having an individual panel step back one action. But it's worth looking at because it does give control over how the before/after panels appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's basically an on/off switch for the panel where off is default for the panel. Step back one is still Ctrl-Z.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about the incoherent replies above. Trying to answer using a phone with sketchy connection is pretty much impossible. But I am now back in my office and back in the 21st century. At any rate, what I was trying to say is no, having a fourth box that simply brings you back to default isn't what I was after. I was after a box that would undo just the action in the individual panel. That IS what CTL-Z does, thankfully, but it isn't as easy or seamless as what we had before the new arrangement. My example was an image with a dark area that I corrected in basic, then went to details to correct the noise. But when I tried to see the noise 'before' with an exposure that let me view the noise, I couldn't because it went back to the original too-dark state. So how is this fourth box different from what we had before? What does it give us that's new? Again, thankfully there's CTL-Z.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2014 Jun 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was after a box that would undo just the action in the individual panel.

That is what the new per-panel defaults button will do: you can compare the work in a single panel against the default values for that panel only. In other words, you can compare the effects of the Details panel without changing anything from the Basic panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines