• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem Viewing DNG Files in Windows Photo VIewer w/ Windows 10

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok first, I would like to use windows photo viewer. I know of the other options.  I just bought a new dell computer and discovered (like many others) that windows photo viewer had issues. I have scoured the internet with no final solution.  I did get windows photo viewer on the new computer and can view almost any format of photo, other than DNG.  Now here is the weird part.  If I put one of the files that you can set the default to windows photo viewer in the folder with DNGs I can thumb through the DNGs. Without a JPEG or TIFF (for example) photo viewer is not an option.  SO while I have a work around I feel like I am so close. Maybe its stubbornness but I would like to open a DNG through default with windows photo viewer. Its just super weird that if I put a JPEG in the folder with DNGs I am able to view all the DNGs.

I have tried to set defaults through right clicking the photo as well as under the control panel and there is no visible way for me to select windows photo viewer.

One last thing, I have found the link for the codec but its no longer there: (http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5495).

I just feel like this is something easily fixed. Most of the other forums discussions I have found have not helped.  Being able to view them indirectly through windows photo viewer is a start, but again I have to have a jpeg in the folder.

Thank you all, Ray

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Windows 10. I don't have an application called Windows Photo Viewer. I have one simply called Photos, and it will open DNG files without a DNG codec. I don't have a DNG codec on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. I just don't like photos. The photos come up kind of blurry on the preview. Windows photo explorer is an old app. I have it on the cpu now but just can't get the dng files to open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that problem with blurriness as well when looking at DNG files. My solution is to export JPEG files from  Lightroom. The JPEG files display clear as can be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

February 24, 2018 - That doesn't work for me, unfortunately. I only see a black rectangle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same issues before, I use PhotoViewerPro for an easy fix.

-Morgan43

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines