• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Black slider tool in Camera Raw 6.7 (CS Photoshop 5)

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The black slider tool in my Camera Raw plug-in (for adjusting Nikon D800 raw images) has suddenly changed to adding deep purple instead of heightening blacks in the image. I think I may have accidentally altered a setting which controls the black slider tool. I tried to uninstall and reinstall to see if that would repair the problem but it did not. All raw images now open with a degree of purple. If I open the image, in preparation of saving as a TIF file, everything is normal. I just do not have the benefit of the adjustments in the raw state. Anyone have suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your Split Toning tab.

It could also be the shadow tint slider in the Camera Calibration tab.

If neither of those, you're shooting at very high ISO. My D800 does that from ISO 5000 or so upwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wait. If it opens OK, it's either your monitor profile or the GPU.

Replace your current monitor profile with sRGB, and/or uncheck GPU in Camera Raw preferences. If the profile switch clears it, get a calibrator to make a new profile (you can use sRGB until then).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines