Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem with presets in addobe raw after new computer

Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

After I installed photoshop and bridge on my new computer I'm trying to get my selection raw presets to work.

Where should I copy paste my old presets to?

I copyed them here: Windows: C:\Users\(Username)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings.

But in adobe raw it won't show them.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Gregor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gregor,

We apologize for the issue you are facing while trying to import presets to Camera Raw.

Would you mind sharing the format of the presets that you have downloaded and moved to the location you mentioned?

You can try and import the presents again through the Camera Raw interface by selecting the Presents option and then right clicking anywhere in the Presets panel to select the option to import the presets.

clipboard_image_0.png

You can also select the option to Show Partially Compatible Presets in the menu that comes up and check if that helps.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Nikunj,

Thanks for the reply.

The presets are presets that I was already using on my old computer. They are xmp files.

I can see them now when I click show partially compatible presets.

How can I copy them to my new computer hem have them fully working like before?

Thanks,

Gregor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can copy the XMP files from the settings folder and move them to the same location that should exist on the new computer as well. Since the presets are visible after activating the option to Show Partially Compatible Presets, it seems that the presets are not designed to work with the type of file you are trying to apply the presets to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks nikunj.m ,

No, they always worked fine with my nikon d810 raw files. Only now I moved them to a new computer they don't anymore...

Very frustrating.

The weird thing is, they are only partially compatible with the rawfiles. they are "normal" for tiff files. I alsways use them the way they are meant to be used and that is with raw (nef) files.

They are older vsco presets. they came in two versions: one versions for Nikon raw files and one standard version for all raw files.

The so called standard presets are shown and working like on my old computer, only the ones for my nikon rawfiles are partially compatible...

What could it be?

Thanks for your time and effort.

Kind regards,

Gregor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Update: I'm starting to think it has nothing tod do with my new computer. It has occured after the Camera Raw update to 11.4.1 So it could be a bug in the update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines