• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Probs with ACR

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Mac High Sierra 10.13.1 and ACR version 10.4.0.976.  I am having numerous issues but the most important right now is when I go to ACR filter plugin I do not have a crop tool or leveling tool?  I do not want to uninstall PS as I have numerous add-ons that I don't want to reinstall.  Does anyone have any suggestions on this matter?  I have enclosed a screenshot of ACR.

CameraRawFilter.jpeg

Thank you,

J Buckley

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]
[Comments is to ask about the operation of the Forum, not a specific program]
[Moved from the Comments forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

That is normal. ACR as filter does not have the crop tool, because a filter is applied to a single layer and cropping is always done on the entire image. Only ACR as RAW-opener has a crop tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is normal. ACR as filter does not have the crop tool, because a filter is applied to a single layer and cropping is always done on the entire image. Only ACR as RAW-opener has a crop tool.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johan:  Please excuse my ignorance.  One of the other problems I spoke about was my inability to open my raw files in ACR.  I've checked Preferences to no avail.  What am I missing?

Thank you,

J Buckley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t see any of that in your original post. Which raw files (which camera) are you talking about? If it is a very new camera, then ACR may not support its raw files yet.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shoot with a Sony A77ii with a raw extension of .ARW.

J Buckley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That camera should be supported, so what happens exactly when you try?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I upload to PS CC, either from Lightroom or directly from my hard drive, it goes directly to PS and if I want ACR I must go to plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you send a raw file from Lightroom to Photoshop, it will not show Camera Raw. That is normal. The reason is that Lightroom is the same as ACR, so Lightroom edits are the same as ACR edits. Opening the ACR dialog would be useless, because you would simply get the same slider settings as you already made in Lightroom anyway.

If you open a raw file straight from the hard disk into Photoshop, then you will get the Camera Raw dialog. There is no way that Photoshop can open a raw file without that step. If Photoshop opens the file without going through ACR, then that file wasn’t a raw file, period.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When going from Lightroom to Photoshop, and both programs are up to date (i.e. synchronized), the only thing Camera Raw will be used for is to convert the image during the transfer from Lightroom to Photoshop. The Camera Raw interface will not be displayed. It isn't needed because there aren't any tools in Camera Raw that are unique; everything is available in Lightroom. Since Photoshop cannot edit raw image data, the only function Camera Raw has in the transfer is to convert the image to RGB data so that you can complete your work in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines