• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Profiles not available in PS ACR filter when opening a DNG from LR

Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I drop a DNG into Photoshop, it opens the ACR and I can see the new profiles.   I see my favorites, Adobe Raw, Camera Matching and Legacy.

BUT.. if I open the same DNG from Lightroom, either as a file or as a smart object and then open it in the Camera Raw filter, I do not get the option to select a profile.  It defaults to Color or Monochrome...   The artistic ones are there, but the adobe, camera matching, and legacy ones are not available.

Same file... just a different way of getting it into PS...

AND.. even the image I dropped in and could select a profile on,  once I open the image in PS, and then try to go back to the ACR Filter, those profiles are GONE...  it again defaults to just the Color and Monochrome.  So if I didn't pick it when the file first opened, I have no option to re-select it.

This seems like an issue to me...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once the image is in Ps as a SO, are you using Filter/Camera Raw to edit or are you double clicking the layer to invoke ACR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was reentering using the Filter from the menu, not from the layer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I retested it...  If I open as a smart object and click on the smart object (NOT GO TO THE MENU and use the ACR Filter) then the Camera Raw Profile interface gives me the full set of functions to include all the profiles. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it's a little confusing for sure. Normally with SO's, you run a filter on the layer and get an indication of which filter has been applied, but with placed raw files, the process is slightly different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines